What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asotasi Signed With Souths

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Very relieved to sign a good prop.

Thanks Dogs, we obviously needed a player of his stature far more than your club, particularly when you have someone like SBW playing in the centres godammit!!!

buster bunny

Juniors
This should finally prove to the critics why souths needed to privatise. There is no way souths would have made these signings without the new regime.

Im buggered if I know why souths wouldn't sign Jason Smith. He is exactly what they need. Looks like hes gonna have to retire. What a waste as he could be an asset to the bunnies for 1 - 2 years

Great news for all Souths fans.This is only the start,exciting times are ahead at Souths.Its going to be a great ride. :D :D

DeeGan

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Shame for the Dogs that they had to lose him.

I feel the same given Roy Asotasi is a player who came through the lower grades at Canterbury ... this is a whole other argument though and a potential "pandora's box". When it comes down to it, I am sure Roy Asotasi would of loved to be a career Bulldog though he is forced to look for greener pastures where he can be paid what he is worth (though a little overpaid if he is getting $400K+).

Good signing for Souths, Asotasi was a must when looking at the FA market in 2006 - let's hope they can sign some more talent under the age of 25 this off-season.

buster bunny

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
Im buggered if I know why souths wouldn't sign Jason Smith. He is exactly what they need. Looks like hes gonna have to retire. What a waste as he could be an asset to the bunnies for 1 - 2 years

I think his asking price is too high for souths to pay and remain under the cap. He would be great if they could sign him

Penance

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
Yeh i would of loved smith, but i dont think we can afford him :/

Ari Gold

Bench
Peachey
Hegarty
Gordon
Vagana
??
Sutton
Champion
Cusack
Webb
Asotasi
Faalogo
Widders
Kidwell

Galuvao
Irvine
Geddes
Manakafoa

Good side... :)

Roy

Juniors
why dont they want b walker he has been one of there best. Great signing for souths, are they talking to anyone else.

yobbo84

Coach
Roy said:
why dont they want b walker he has been one of there best. Great signing for souths, are they talking to anyone else.

Apparently no more external signings for our top 25. That's it. Will prob sign some lower graders. Concentrating now on re-signing current players (probably Luke Stuart, Manase Manuokafoa, Luke MacDougall, etc).

Roy

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Apparently no more external signings for our top 25. That's it. Will prob sign some lower graders. Concentrating now on re-signing current players (probably Luke Stuart, Manase Manuokafoa, Luke MacDougall, etc).

If they could keep the mad dog brothers they are doing very well, but i think you have done well enough they can come to newcastle:D

Bench
waltzing Meninga said:
Watch for the Roosters to make a play for him to show the others how a real 5/8th plays the game,this is not a gee up either,I think Sticky really wants him..

yobbo84

Coach
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
They need to sign one or two more solid backs and they can be competitive next year. Very competitive.

I agree, but we'll have to rely on what we've got and our juniors next year for backs (watch for a guy named Fetuli Talanoa).