What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

asquith

Nfed

Juniors
Mono, I saw all of the 2nd division game. Kellyville with experienced players like Danny Mamo, Greg Cranney, Paul Coinakis and Damien Amburlah were always going to be too strong for an Auburn Warriors side that lacked structure. Bushrangers won 24-10.

I dont know what happened in the early games. I couldnt get a parking spot within 100 metres of the ground.

mono_mal

Juniors
The Kellyville side has looked very strong all year with some exceptional players.
They would currently be at the same level, if not better, as Seven Hills and Mounties and would Guildford quite a challenge.
Im predicting them to be elevated to Division One next year and am guessing Asquith will return their seconds to the Manly or North Sydney competitions.
So the crowd was decent?
How did Merrylands Oval hold up as a grand final venue?

Nfed

Juniors
A good crowd was spread right around the ground but quickly gravitated to the covered areas when the rain started. Clearly the playing surface has no chance of matching Ringrose but a covered grandstand is great when it rains. Merrylands would have made an absolute motza on the catering.

Noted a few names in the early games - Jonathan Andrews, who played Jim Beam at the start of the season, was in the Cabra C grade and Rob Randle, who played half a dozen first grade games for Sydney Bulls when they won metro in 2002 was playing 5/8 for Merrylands in the 3rd Division.

Nfed

Juniors
Asquith winger Scott Webb is helping out Norths Premier League this weekend. Apparently Norths have reached agreement with a NRL club to act as its reserve grade.

mightybears

Bench
board meeting of the north sydney drlfc ltd on monday
announcement after that as to who we are entering into a newtown like agreement with [aka NO MERGER]
the quessing has started on the jumbles site
http://www.jumbles.com/bears
the favs are the storm LAST TIME I CHECKED

Lynchie

Juniors
I cant wait for the Jim Beam Cup next season as I now have a local team to support in the Asquith Magpies! I have to admit I havnt really followed it with much consistency this year as I have not supported a particular team but next year will be a different story. I look forward to being a regular in this forum and keeping up to date with the news on the JBC.

Nfed

Juniors
If Asquith can get all their current stars in under the points system and fit in a few new recruits, they will be very competitive in JBC in 2005.

Red Bear

Referee
Hope Asquith get are there next year!
When my dad was in the Under 14's playing Collegians(now Brothers i think) his team were the best in the comp but found themselves railing by a point in the grand final. The timekeepers rang the bell and an asquith player threw the ball in the air and the blok in front of him caught it. The ref however hadn't blown full time and Asquith were penalised for offside. Anyway my dads team kiked the goal and one by a point.

Needless to say the ref was chased into the changerooms by the Asquith mothers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Asquith will be captained-coached by Jason Ferris. Ferris this year captain coached Colliegens to the Tooheys League premiership in wollongong.

Jeffles

Bench
Both Asquith and Norths would be missing a huge opportunity if they didn't get an official feeder agreement together. There has been casual player mixings in the past but something concrete would boost both clubs.

roosters_one

Juniors
Asquith are the big money movers for season 2005. A few Cromer boys who Jason Ferris has had an affiliation with from the Manly Juniors Competiton have been approached and have offered a huge amounts to sign on and a solid base week in week out loose win or draw. Look for Cromer to loose a few decent players for 2005. the basis of the Asquith Squad will remain for next year

Agent Mulder

Bench
Its GREAT to see the old Magpies in the Jim Beam Cup...I Never played for them but my brothers had many years at Asquith.

Living in Berowra i now have a team to support in the Jim Beam Cup.

I Wonder if they are still gonna play out of Storey Park?...Toughest Ground ever to play on.

Angel Bear

Juniors
Even though Jason Ferris is recruiting for Asquith JBC there is a strong possibility that he is headed overseas to an English side.

popman

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Asquith will be captained-coached by Jason Ferris. Ferris this year captain coached Colliegens to the Tooheys League premiership in wollongong.

Oh no he won't. ;-)

mono_mal

Juniors
This is the second time in two years Jason has been placed in this position.
Last year he was sought after by the St George Illawarra Dragons mid way through the Tooheys League season but was denied a release by Collegians due to being Captain-Coach and on a large contract.

Jason is also the second coach that Asquith have appointed for the 2005 Jim Beam Cup season that has since changed his mind and left the club following Kyle Whites departure.

Spike

First Grade
So does anyone know who'll be coaching Asquith next year? Hopefully they'll still be there by kick off next year :?

Latest posts