What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistant Coach and other info

hitman82

Bench
I view the Jones signing as both a PR move and a logical addition to our coaching resources. Even if it's got some "oldboy's club" about it, who cares? I love Jonesy.

Skinner

Coach
The franchise needs to move forward, not backwards. Rubes and Stacey both have their
place in Rugby League, but I believe it's not with the Warriors. They need to remain in the wider league community where they were performing well.

ramraider275

Juniors
Hey Oz bash,

You obviously didnt get the memo did you.
Bell is GM of Football - so he overlooks everything to do with football.

Jones role sees him working with the development squad - that is his primary role.
This is training the 14-18 years old that are bot contracted and non-contracted.
i.e the guys not playing 20s.

Jones havent taken over recruitment - but if he is working with aspiring warriors and attending alot of school football - clearly he is in a position to work with recruits.

This was something already part of the dev. coaches role - but i suppose being fulltime he would be expected too watch kids footy all weekend.

Purely a senior scout.

What are you on about .... Pt Chev didnt fail.
He turned the club around ..... he has lead them from 3 division through to the Foz - where they are now a top side.

they have a few decent junior teams ...the club had nearly died off.

Remember Ackland, Bluey - won local championships at mt albert/hibiscus coast with MONEY and built there careers on such championships.

guys like Aaron Heremaia and Paleasina were shipped up from South Auckland.
Mt Albert every year spend shit loads to buy and pay players - to win championships.

Pt Chev did no more than clubs like Mt Albert, Papakura - many players actually went to pt chev because they wanted to be coached by Stacey Jones.

You honestly sounds like one of the know it all fuddy dud dinosaurs that run ARL.

Stacy is a great fit to work with that age group. Those kids all have the drive and desire to crack the NRL , so a legend like stacy makes sense to develop them. He couldn't have done it at Pt Chev with the juniors they have there now, our kids kicked every team they had by big scores. I give him respect for turning them around , I was shocked this year to see how many teams they were fielding in the different grades restricted and open.

Warriors will benefit from his input no doubt, but I have to say this about his coaching run to the Fox, we beat Pt Chev in the rounds last year at there home ground (never seen the little general swearing so much on the sidelines lol) but choked in the semis but no doubt in my mind we would of beaten them in the final, not bad for kids from Mangere that play for the love; can't wait to play them next year, hopefully I make reserves against them LOL.

Abdullah

Juniors
Is Warriors becoming retirement village for ex-players??...maybe to get their final "bonus" handshake payment from club...old boys network doomed to fail always.