What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assuming we don't make the grand final...

Yosh

Coach
If the Knights don't win the grand final at the end of the year, who would you like to see win it? Why?

(Let's try to be semi realistic and rule out the sides that aren't going to make it to the finals).

I have always hated the Storm but after their big three retired I don't think I hate them as much. Still don't want to see them win.

I used to like the Panthers but recently I can't seem to like positively of them. Don't know why, I want to see them fail for some reason. Am I the only one?

If I had to choose a team apart from the Knights, it would probably be the Titans. I don't like them per se but it'll be good for the game and seeing young Campbell running around brings back good memories for some reason. They have about 0.01% chance though.

If the Knights don't win the grand final at the end of the year, who would you like to see win it? Why?
I was born in Cronulla and lived there until I was 4 so I'd go with them.
My mother lived in Kogarah and recently passed so a sweet spot for Saints.
Titans base is just up the road for me but they have no hope.
Based on the season so far I'd go for Penrith but I want a contest out of it. Go in underdogs after losses.

perverse

Referee
I'd like to see Penrith win it, given that they aren't Melbourne, the Roosters, Souffs, the Eels or Manly. More a process of elimination than anything else, I don't think anyone else has a snowflakes chance in hell. Souffs, Eels and Manly only the remotest of chances anyway (and only Manly because of Turbos form). It's really a 3 horse race.

Jono078

Referee
Basically same thoughts as you when it comes to Storm and Panthers, Yosh.

I wouldn't mind seeing Parra win it. They've been right up there in the top 4 over the past few years, and they grinded their way up after many lean years. So if they can do it I look to them as something the Knights can follow and say it is achievable to reinvent yourself over 5 years and be a top contender.

Also, I'm in love with Tommy Turbo right now, so if he gets the job done then that'd be sick.

Burwood

Bench
I’ll be cheering against the team that beats us in golden point during the preliminary final.

Apey

Staff member
Storm beating Panthers, because everyone was hoping for their downfall with the new rules so it'd be funny if they went back to back. That will reduce the smug of Panthers fans, then I can be happy for them winning it next year.

TooheysNew

Coach
I just cannot bring myself to cheer for the Storm or Roosters.

Maybe I just like a healthy amount of cockiness, but I'd love to see the Panthers smack the Storm in the GF. Although it's getting a bit tiresome for the Eels to get close every year and then shit the bed. Maybe them as a sympathy vote.

Apey

Staff member
I just cannot bring myself to cheer for the Storm or Roosters.

Maybe I just like a healthy amount of cockiness, but I'd love to see the Panthers smack the Storm in the GF. Although it's getting a bit tiresome for the Eels to get close every year and then shit the bed. Maybe them as a sympathy vote.
I'd be okay with the Eels. I just give them 0 chance.

Jono078

Referee
I also woudn't mind the Roosters honestly - they've changed their brand under Robinson, no longer smug rich pricks, they are a well drilled respectful unit over there.

After all they've gone through, it would be cool to see them come through. Also shows that injuries are no excuse and if you stick solid and apply yourself you can achieve anything in this comp.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think all signs are pointing toward a replay of last year’s GF. None of the other sides defend well enough to beat the Storm or Panthers in a knockout game. The only other team I could give an outside chance of pulling off an upset and making the GF would be Manly but it would be a very outside chance and the problem is you’re probably going to have to beat both of those top sides back to back to win the comp and I don’t see it happening. It’s like when someone beats Nadal in the Australian Open semi finals and then they get smashed by Djokovic in the final, gotta be good enough to beat them both.

I’m not sure which team I would be going for on GF day, it would be nice to see Penrith win which would break up the monotonous winning pattern by Storm/Roosters over the last 4 years but tbh I’m just hoping that it’s a good GF match after how much of a letdown last year was when the game was over by half time.

Knight76

Juniors
They've won a comp more recently that the Eels (and us).

True, I wouldnt mind the eels winning either. And the Knights were ruled out in this hypothetical.

I just think with what the Panthers have done over the past few years, they deserve it more.

Latest posts