What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At last Nighty at #1

MightyRedVee

Juniors
wasnt going to go to win but to see nighty play fullback will be all the worth while, i stated before that he could be devasting from fullback we his speed hope its a sign of things to come under benny in 09.

any updates on the josh for boyd swap ?:pray:

Wicks

Juniors
As the programme read:
1. B.Morris, 2. J.Morris, 3. Beau Ryan, 4. Daryl Millard, 5. Tom Hewitt, 6. Josh Lewis, 7. Jamie Keith (c), 8. Jamie Dunning, 9. George Ndaira, 10. Chris Houston, 11. Lee Te Maari, 12. Tom Haberecht, 13. Jason Klimis, 14. Dan Hunt, 15. Jhi Tanner, 16. Brian West, 17. Shannon Stitt

18. Jason Nightingale, 19. Sean Ferguson, 20. Charlie Leaeno, 21. Danny Wicks, 22. James Grehan, 23. Brad Davidson

Parra had Krisnan Inu, Ben Farrar, Blake Green, Weller Hauraki, and Matt Keating. Ref was Jason Robinson

Daryl Millard and Tom Haberecht were injured the week before

Jason Nightingale went onto the left wing Josh Morris into the centres

Danny Wicks started for Haberecht

Brett Morris was the first choice fullback that year Nightingale was the first choice fullback the year after

Mr Red

First Grade
Not a fan of the thread title, imo Brett Morris has been terrific at fullback. His kick return stats are among the best in the game (top 5 last time I checked that particular stat), defensively he has been excellent, his positioning also great, and his support play has been a growing feature. I love Florence but consider Brett a better fullback

yep i agree 100% - Morris has that extra bit of pace to reel in the attacker when a break is made. he is also more elusive and explosive when it comes to kick returns or chiming into the backline in support.
nightingale much better at wing for the balance of the team.

petetheileet

First Grade
Nightingale will do a great job at FB...

But look at their strengths:

Nightingale: great under the high ball, excellent dummy half runner, struggles a lot when tackled takes a long time to be put to the ground giving his forwards all a chance to get back onside.

BMoz: Great kick returner, Blistering pace, pops up in the line always when needed and good one on one defence.

Seems to me either of them would do a good job in both positions however they are both more suited to where they have been playing all season.

Latest posts