What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At least Gal fights decent opponents

butchmcdick

Immortal
QUADE Cooper will make his third foray into the boxing ring on Friday’s Anthony Mundine-Danny Green undercard.

Cooper has won both of his professional fights so far and will take on Jack McInnes at the Adelaide Oval.

The Queensland Reds star joined McInnes at Thursday night’s weigh-in for the fight, and his opponent revealed he had not shown up in the greatest shape.

McInnes is a 22-year-old fighter from Queensland who is yet to taste victory in his two professional fights.

He reportedly has over 50 fights outside boxing, including muay thai and mixed-martial arts bouts.

0b848b885d5dd3cdc3f5b8b31f206504

Cooper and McInnes.Source:Supplied

McInnes has been stopped in his two career fights, both in 2016. He was knocked out by Daniel Amman (31-9) and Mark Flanagan (18-4).

The 22-year-old is trained by Craig Glover, who says his fighter will use his considerable ring experience as an advantage over the Wallabies playmaker.

“Quade will be fit, he’s always been an athlete and I expect nothing less,” Glover told the Fraser Coast Chronicle.

“I think his body will be fit and ready but the one thing Jack has on him is fight experience.

“Fifty-five fights under your belt compared to three is a heck of an advantage for Jack as long as we can hang in there in the fight.”

Bookmaker give him little hope of victory. Cooper is a heavy favourite on all markets and is looking to continue his winning run inside a boxing ring.

Cooper’s previous two fights were against Barry Dunnett (1-1) and Warren Tresidder (0-1).

When pictures of Cooper and McInnes facing off at the weigh-in were circulated on social media on Thursday evening, fight fans were not too kind to the young Queenslander.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing...t/news-story/a36afd28579084fa3619297358a1eaad

Love Gal or hate him at least when he fights he has the minerals to test himself in the ring

myrrh ken

First Grade
This is great...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/m...e/news-story/0eb2f21ab45f3df9e8a74b24198d729e

McInnes has spent the last three weeks training make weight for what he says may be the final fight of his boxing career.

Asked by the Queensland Times this week if he was nervous about the bout, McInnies joked: “I’m hungry.”

“I’m actually under weight at the moment so hopefully I can get it done soon.

77308d11861c1623e48318168aec792e

Jack McInnes (r) fighting Mark Lucchiari at a Muay Thai event on the Gold Coast in 2013.
“The arm’s a bit tender (due to an injury) but I should get through it. I’m ready for it.

“I can’t wait to get it over and done with actually.”

He looks actually semi-fit above. I wonder what happened. I'm loving the shorts and no shoes in the full length picture below.

C3pCVwVVUAMvXth.jpg:large

DiegoNT

First Grade
He Looks like that one nerdy kid from school, the real nerdy one that done his oral report on his favourite anime, the kid that makes his own ninja stars in metal work class, the one you secretly think will eventually do a coumbine

myrrh ken

First Grade
I reckon the boxing authorities have enough to step in - look at his shape, his record and then his comments. He is obviously looking for a last fight pay day.

Hope he doesn't get hurt.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Another shining example of the Mundine/Nasser sanctum of the truly pathetic.

What a joy it will be to wake up seeing Mundine's smug head beaten up tomorrow morning.

Setting up "fights" like this Cooper farce (and some of the Mundine match-ups) should have seen Nasser deregistered as a promoter a LONG time ago.

betcats

Referee
They reckon he has 55 mma/Thai boxing fights which I find very f**king hard to believe but will definitely be cheering him on.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chinky just has to wait for Qwaaaaayde to do his usually complete f**king balls up and then capitalise.

shaggs

Coach
I'm in way better nick than that bloke.
I wouldn't get a fight though, cause I might win.