What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athletics

magpie4ever

First Grade
Due to the Jamaican sprint team disappearing for months on end - no testing - and given the past of athletics, I still have doubts.

But in saying that if he is clean, he is unbelievable - about 4-6 inches to tall, doesn't make sense.

Due to my love of the sport, I want too believe but shit the past just puts the doubts there.

shiznit

Coach
I think he's legit... I think he's just one of those athletes that come along every now and then who are blessed with extremely freakish genetics.

His combination of explosive fast twitch fibres/muscles which all these top sprinters already have combined with his height and very long stride which no top sprinter has... It just gives him a natural edge that no PED can beat...

He's a genetic freak...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Haha I said the same. The brother of Mitchell, I believe.

Aa for Bolt... if he goes 9 for 9; that is, the 100m, 200m & 4x100m 3peat then he'll become the greatest Olympian of all-time IMO.

Well at least the equal of Phelps because Usain simply can't do any more than that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thats right, some sports athletes can only do so much, thats why its hard to compare sports

lockyno1

Post Whore
Haha I said the same. The brother of Mitchell, I believe.

Aa for Bolt... if he goes 9 for 9; that is, the 100m, 200m & 4x100m 3peat then he'll become the greatest Olympian of all-time IMO.

Well at least the equal of Phelps because Usain simply can't do any more than that.

Phelps did it for 4 Olympics, still the greatest on that alone.

No shame being 2nd to Phelps though, although I hate comparing sports. There are others that are up there too, a couple of gymnasts, Steve Redgrave (rowing), etc.

Shorty

Staff member
I dont see many people seeing Bolt second to Phelps, only equal or better.

shiznit

Coach
I don't rate Phelps as the greatest... He got beat by Thorpe in Athens...

He's still close to the best... But has anyone beaten Bolt??

Rod

Bench
It's a shame that drugs have made us question everything, but I guess it will always be like that now. I like to think Bolt is clean, but we'll probably never know. I'm normally not one for conspiracy theories but I'd be willing to bet that even if he tested positive they'd find a way to bury it. He's been too important for the sport, if it ever got out that he wasn't clean, that would pretty much be it for athletics as we know it.

Latest posts