What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

att: channel 9

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
may your attempted experiment of playing happy feet, life as we know it & the twenty20 world cup instead of the NRL on your three channels across non-league dominant states be worth the ratings gamble..

if you weren't free to air, i'd be boycotting you from now on..

STORM.99/07

Bench
It is wrong that we don`t get to see the games till late tonight here in sadelaide.I think the moanly/chooks game would`ve been great to watch live.

elbusto

Coach
It is a wretched joke. GEM covers NRL in 'minor' states. Tonight I only found out it was on GO at the last minute. Why change it. What idiots are responsible for this. Any moron would know that you build an audience by consistency. 20/20 on Go. NRL on GEM

jargan83

Coach
The TV guide this week had the Cricket on Gem and the League on Go.

Instead shitty Free Willy 2 movie was on Go and the League is just starting here on Gen!

Generalzod

Immortal
You got to be happy that channel 9 is already promoting the return of SBW for next weeks game against the bulldogs :roll:

Just when I think I can't possibly hate ch Nein anymore, they find a way to out do themselves.

And the NRL can f**k themselves too for letting them do it.

Isn't there a fan appreciation round coming up? How about enough of the bullshit lip-service and just get the f**ken games shown so I don't have to f**k around trying to get the bullshit streams.

I'm an interstate member, have fox, and go to games, neutral and my own but can't watch the game because of f**king 20/20 bullshit deep into March.

It's not f**king good enough, and they can stick that fan appreciation round square up their arse hole.

Zigwaa

Bench
Was looking forward to seeing the Rise for Alex tribute but they showed it 3am in Adelaide.

What a joke of a network. Gave them a spray on facebook and rang them to complain, apparently received a lot of calls but are directing all complaints to the compliance department in Sydney via snail mail??

My computer is f**ked from installing all kinds of shit to try and get a "stream" for the Friday night game.

f**king 20/20 cricket taking priority over the RL in March will do me.

They fap around talking about how to get people to the game and to grow support blah blah blah.

Here's a way to grow the game; I hope everyone is sitting down.

Make Channel Nein show the f**king game instead of 20/20 cricket and "Happy Feet".

3 channels they had at their disposal, and still RL didn't make the cut in Melbourne.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So many rustled Jimmies
You get what you pay for I guess :?

which is why it's frustrating.. channel 9 have the rights to the nation's no.1 sport, but yet withold it from people.. makes no sense..

i would quite happily pay for a service where i get access to EVERY game..

foxtel have cut a deal with the AFL where they screen every game live.. so for the FTA games you will have the match playing on both FTA and foxtel at the same time - viewers choice who they watch...

surely it's time for the NRL to get something similar..

i don't want the digital pass where i have to sit and watch the game on a 10" tablet screen..

i want to sit back on my couch, infront of the screen with my family and annoy the neighbours with the volume of both the TV and the cheering..

it's not that hard, channel 9..

seriously, pull your heads out of your arse...

So many rustled Jimmies
You get what you pay for I guess :?

You get what you pay for? What are you on about?

The highest paid TV rights in Aus sport not showing the game or paying for the Fox Sports HD pack and still not getting to watch the game?

Or are you just some dildo that wanted to write "rustled jimmies"?

An41

Juniors
You get what you pay for? What are you on about?

The highest paid TV rights in Aus sport not showing the game or paying for the Fox Sports HD pack and still not getting to watch the game?

Or are you just some dildo that wanted to write "rustled jimmies"?

OK Slow your roll there dick cream.

Look I feel the same way about 9's coverage of the NRL ,I hate that Brisbane get almost every friday night game, they way they harp on about SBW and the burgii and there whole programming schedule in general.

What I'm saying is its a free to air service, so you get what you pay for.In this case $0

Look you're upset that you live interstate and you're not getting the live games?
Sadly its a business and in some cases money from commericals etc comes first before fans from smaller market ie.ADE,PER and to some extent MELB.

So as fans we have no choice to clench our butt holes and deal with it.

Love
Dildo

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Look I feel the same way about 9's coverage of the NRL ,I hate that Brisbane get almost every friday night game, they way they harp on about SBW and the burgii and there whole programming schedule in general.

What I'm saying is its a free to air service, so you get what you pay for.In this case $0

Look you're upset that you live interstate and you're not getting the live games?
Sadly its a business and in some cases money from commericals etc comes first before fans from smaller market ie.ADE,PER and to some extent MELB.

Love
Dildo

or we can make some noise about it to them.. how else will they know what they're doing..

i've come to the conclusion that whoever is head of programming here in melbourne is anti-NRL..

the fact that for years they'd refuse to show the origin, but the minute they do they get over 1m viewers - a huge audience for mid-week games..

and they have a friday night where 4 of the top 5 teams are playing each other.. but yet they choose to show a repeat of a movie that was a box office flop & panned by all the reviewers..

foxtel owner-people - if you're reading this, get access to all games and you'll have a customer for life..

An41

Juniors
which is why it's frustrating.. channel 9 have the rights to the nation's no.1 sport, but yet withold it from people.. makes no sense..

i would quite happily pay for a service where i get access to EVERY game..

foxtel have cut a deal with the AFL where they screen every game live.. so for the FTA games you will have the match playing on both FTA and foxtel at the same time - viewers choice who they watch...

surely it's time for the NRL to get something similar..

i don't want the digital pass where i have to sit and watch the game on a 10" tablet screen..

i want to sit back on my couch, infront of the screen with my family and annoy the neighbours with the volume of both the TV and the cheering..

it's not that hard, channel 9..

seriously, pull your heads out of your arse...
This would be the best situation for the NRL if they wanted to grow the game.

Sadly the bigwigs from the AFL excel alot better in the boardroom than the guys in NRL. They know how to look after their product.

An41

Juniors
or we can make some noise about it to them.. how else will they know what they're doing..

i've come to the conclusion that whoever is head of programming here in melbourne is anti-NRL..

the fact that for years they'd refuse to show the origin, but the minute they do they get over 1m viewers - a huge audience for mid-week games..

and they have a friday night where 4 of the top 5 teams are playing each other.. but yet they choose to show a repeat of a movie that was a box office flop & panned by all the reviewers..

foxtel owner-people - if you're reading this, get access to all games and you'll have a customer for life..

Absolutlly, I believe the MELB market should be receiving the same coverage as NSW and QLD. The support base is there, Origin is living proof of that but for some reason they're stuck in this mindset that league doesn't sell down there.
They've built the foundation but refuse to build on it.

Zigwaa

Bench

Love
Dildo

How can they sell more commercials on GEM channel for a movie, "Up Periscope", from 1959? That's what they showed instead of NRL on GEM last Sunday. Surely they can't justify that??

I don't understand why Nine/NRL didn't think to play the first 5 weeks (ie whilst daylight savings was on) with the NSW game starting at 7 and the QLD game starting at 8pm (9pm NSW time). Would have resulted in 5 weeks of 2 live games in NSW. Missed opportunity IMO.

oikee

Juniors
The world is full of missed opportunities , rugby league sold its sole to nine, and missed the boat completely.
Come 2017, we own the market place. Hang on little princess, hang on lil darling.
Thats the way it's gotta be lil darling, up their riding all the wild horses.
Eddie Mac has never forgiven league for his time in Sydeenee, and his days are nearly over.

Latest posts