What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention the following players...

RABK

Referee
I think it's a bit quick to for this type of 'armageddon' threads.

Whilst it is easy to be extremely dissapointed after a display like that i don't think we need an exodus of $1.5 million worth of talent based on one loss.

I see this as a real test for Smith and the team - how they will bounce back. I'd rather build towards a big season then be false starters like last year.

K-Man

Bench
Whats Doing said:
I still can't see how Abes is offering us anything in the forwards. He had a terrible miss on Zillman from a drop out ( in fact down right embarrasing) and just lacks any impact. He went alright last week at 5/8 but I am yet to be convinced he is 1st grade material in the forwards at present. We cannot continue to rely on potential that was produced more than 2 years ago.

Are you joking? Abes made the most metres out of our entire forward pack! He made 12 metres per run, 22 tackles, got 2 offloads away, looked dangerous with the ball and constantly got over the advantage line with his arms free.

It's not even his job to make all the ground but he did more work than the 4 props, as well as being more mobile and more skilful than the lot of them.

I'm stunned...just stunned

fred_knight

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
How you can bag Tighe but not Carmont is beyond me.

Carmont is not a footy player. And by that I mean he doesn't have a football brain. Unless he's gifted a run to the line he has nothing, and his defence was f**king average.

Tighe at least did the odd decent thing in attack. He would've scored a try had Johns not thrown a sh*t ball at him when he was running an angle.

That pass was great, everyone knew Johns was going to do it but Tighe, why he ran that angle and then managed to stuff it up ill never know...

he didnt have his hands eady for the ball..we do that drill in under 13..they have their hand ready for it..its "unders"..Doogs to the centre..Utae to wing ..george and perry dropped..the rest really wont happen

knightsyeah12

Juniors
dissapointed after the horrible display last night, i think holla has it right, george and perry gone, they should have been gone a long time ago.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Carmont is disgraceful. Raymond Terrace are hoping he doesn't get cut cuz then they will have to find a spot for him. He gave away 50 penalties, throws about 500 hopsital passes a game and then when he should pass he runs it and gets tackled within 2 metres cuz his so bloody slow. Can't see us dropping Perry his the only one that made metres besides Patterson, he just had no back up from the other forwards.

We need Bedsy back and if we play like that next week it gonna be 48-0 in the 21st minute.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think Newton's been poor lately, but it was only last season people were suggesting he might get a run in the tri-nations. I don't know where his head is at at the moment, but we know he's capable of playing good football (which is more than we can say for the likes of Carmont, Tighe, and Perry in years he's not coming off contract).

I'm not sure what needs to be done, but an in form Newton is amongst the most damaging back-rowers going around.

Matt23

Staff member
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Carmont is disgraceful. Raymond Terrace are hoping he doesn't get cut cuz then they will have to find a spot for him. He gave away 50 penalties, throws about 500 hopsital passes a game and then when he should pass he runs it and gets tackled within 2 metres cuz his so bloody slow. Can't see us dropping Perry his the only one that made metres besides Patterson, he just had no back up from the other forwards.

We need Bedsy back and if we play like that next week it gonna be 48-0 in the 21st minute.
Hopefully Hagan will sign him as a replacement for Tahu at Parra ;-)

Spitty

Juniors
I've felt in the forst two rounds that we were getting very little service from our centre's. Yet Dougs wasn't seeing enough action. Almost every time in '07 that Adam MacDougall has had the ball in hand he has looked dangerous. The more often he gets it the better.

Apart from that Thiaday showed some very poor positional play, but some spark in attack. It is Thiaday's first top grade game since the late rounds of '06 and Canberra played a particularly up beat game. I think the speed of the game got away from Thiaday but he will impove. Perhaps starting on the wing will get him back in the groove.

Never rated Perry and Woolie and still don't. Great when things are going well and we are making meters from dummy half. But put up some resistance and force them to put the team on the front foot and they go missing. Can't wait for Sargent to be fit.

Newton just had an off night. Abe's is looking better all the time and I don't think he's far from his 2 years ago form.

Bottom line is Canberra were brilliant and they'll claim bigger scalps this season than our's. We won the 1st two rounds off the back of quick play the balls and dummy half running. Canberra's rushing defence prevented that and the poor dummy half service we were getting from both Seu Seu and Kidley made it hard to mount any pressure. Add to that Joey was playing his first full game with a new backline.

I strongly believe we'll compete with Melbourne next week.

Johns Magic

Referee
fred_knight said:
That pass was great, everyone knew Johns was going to do it but Tighe, why he ran that angle and then managed to stuff it up ill never know...

Watch it again.

Johns threw a flick pass when clearly the switch pass(which is more of a pop) was on. That's almost impossible to take when running the switch line, as Tighe did.

It was a crap pass by Johns, and it would've been a miracle had Tighe held it.

And what do you mean "everyone knew Johns was going to do it but Tighe". Tighe was the one who ran the bloody angle. I don't think Johns realised till too late, hence he threw a rushed pass.

fred_knight

Juniors
If Tighe couldnt see that pass coming then he shouldnt be in 1st grade, joey has done that similar pass a million times, thats what i mean about everyone knew it was coming

fred_knight

Juniors
If Tighe couldnt see that pass coming then he shouldnt be in 1st grade, joey has done that similar pass a million times, thats what i mean about everyone knew it was coming

Johns Magic

Referee
fred_knight said:

He did see it, Johns just threw a crap pass. Tighe wasn't the one in the wrong, and I cannot imagine any of our other centres/wingers having the vision to run that angle anyway.

Latest posts