What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTN: Queenslanders

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Did we not win a one or two of those series while Joey was out?

Mr Saab

Referee
The blues had Fittler and Barrett when Johns was out. Pretty good players when they played rep football.
Take them out, plus Johns and the gap to the rest is huge.
NSW had taste of that last yr with the man they call Noddy

Timmah said:
Kimmorley
Sherwin
Orford (injured though I think)
Hornby
Gidley...

Okay I am going to stick my neck and back Finch's picking, the guys been very solid this year at club level, he was the best half on the paddock in city country and atleast has a combo going with Anasta(albeit not a great one)

Takes ownership of the play and is willing to be a tad creative.

He isnt the most talented guy in the world but wont go out there and second guess himself and has been better then all of the above whom are available.

No way Kimmorley was going to get picked as just returning from injury and Orford is unnavailable.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Come on SK82. He's had one or two decent games out of 10 this year, his half partner has failed to find form as well. He was outplayed by a debutant in Ben Roberts, and his performance against Souths left a bit to be desired. They should've put the Bunnies away if your statements about him are true, but they got within two by fulltime.

What about Preston? He's had more impressive games than Finch.

AFAIC, Finch can kiss my ass.

JJ

Immortal
hehe - bottom line is, since Wally Lewis retired Qld have won f**k all.

As has been said, very embarrassing for Qld if they can't win... and NSW will view a reasonable loss pretty positively given the appalling preparation. Regardless of the debutants, Qld are in a no-win situation here IMO

Mr Saab

Referee
Why is it a no win situation? If we win why do we lose?
Lets see how NSW go minus Johns. Since Wally retired NSW had gun halves in Daley/Stuart/Fittler/Johns...now who do you have to call on?
As Muzza Fenech always says...the wheel turns

Timmah said:
Come on SK82. He's had one or two decent games out of 10 this year, his half partner has failed to find form as well. He was outplayed by a debutant in Ben Roberts, and his performance against Souths left a bit to be desired. They should've put the Bunnies away if your statements about him are true, but they got within two by fulltime.

What about Preston? He's had more impressive games than Finch.

AFAIC, Finch can kiss my ass.

Didnt see that match to be honest.

But in regards to presto he has the biggest talent of disappearing so you wonder when he went off during a football game its earth shattering.

Atleast Finch will have a dig. - And hey it hurts to have to speak up cause I hate the fella!

Mr Saab

Referee
RABK...you were playing with Lego when Wally was doing his thing.
Stick to your boy Johns whom you did watch

innsaneink

Referee
JJ said:
hehe - bottom line is, since Wally Lewis retired Qld have won f**k all.

As has been said, very embarrassing for Qld if they can't win... and NSW will view a reasonable loss pretty positively given the appalling preparation. Regardless of the debutants, Qld are in a no-win situation here IMO

Damn straight.

Very VERY embarrassing.

The pressure is on.:lol:

JJ

Immortal
Red and Blue Knight said:
Lewis wouldn't have saved QLD from the past 15 years of mediocrity.

:lol: you obviously didn't see the King play then...

RABK

Referee
Johns :arrow: Lewis

Daley :arrow: Lewis This is purely to stir sh*t, it is origin time after all

JJ

Immortal
Did they ask Hornby as well?? I'm surprise Grant Rovelli or Ben Rogers didn't get the spot

JJ

Immortal
Red and Blue Knight said:
Johns :arrow: Lewis

Daley :arrow: Lewis This is purely to stir sh*t, it is origin time after all

f**k you're an idiot

John and Lewis is a debate that you can have...

Daley was a very different kind of player, while great in his own right, I think very few people that saw both of them play would suggest Daley was the better player.

IMO Lewis and Johns are the best I've seen... there are a few others I'd rate ahead of Daley too

Latest posts