What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTN; techy geeks

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll top that, bring your computer to my place, I'll cook you dinner, Give me $600 and I'll buy you a PC better, faster and more powerful than any snot you'll buy in a shop like Hardly Normal

Norton 360, tech heads hate but for your average nuffie its a godsend, does everything that everyone has mentioned up here and more.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Norton are the poos

Just download AVG free, does everything you need it to do.

Skinner

Coach
Avoid that bloody bloated heap of Norton crap at all cost. Good old free, minimalistic, AVG is the shizz.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
AVG uses a lot of resources and can actually slow your puter down

and Norton is not only rubbish but expensive rubbish and very difficult to remove

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I must concur.

If your PC is running fast and has no issue, install Norton, that will f**k it up.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
AVG uses a lot of resources and can actually slow your puter down

and Norton is not only rubbish but expensive rubbish and very difficult to remove
I've used many different Anti-virus programs in the past and AVG is the only one that doesn't slow down my PC, you just have to make sure you install it properly.

Norton is worse than the viruses it alleges to keep out, but rarely does.

perverse

Referee
AVG is a piss in the ocean that is that badness of Norton.

i'm not a massive AVG advocate... but as a sort of everyday, blanket solution it's not a terrible one. malwarebytes anti-malware is one of the best of the current crop that i've used... the free version doesn't have realtime protection, but for $25 you get the full deal. i generally rely on my internet nous to avoid viruses, but occasionally i give it a scan just in case... so i get by with just the free scanner. now that i've actually looked into it and am aware that the full version has the extra features i might just lay down the cash, though.

adamkungl

Immortal
How do sh*theap products like Norton which cost large amounts of cas actually become popular? It certainly isn't word of mouth...

Azkatro

First Grade
Is this quasi-nerd-argument like the equivalent of watching two girls fight for StormChaser? Hmm???

perverse

Referee
yep. trying to make her wet with our antivirus knowledge and best-practice general computer maintenance advice.

urban eel

Juniors
Stormy download and run a free program called CCleaner
it will clean up a whole of temp and unnecessary files
than give it a good Defrag and add one of the Free anti virus the boys are quarreling over

your welcome toots

Apey

Staff member
I still use McAfee, heh. I'm planning on getting rid of it when I can be f**ked.. I've never had any problems with it, partly because I've used the internet enough to protect myself from most viruses, but it has a yearly renewal cost..