What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland 9s Squad.

They have named a few players in the 9's squad and a few in a squad to play the PNG Hunters on the same weekend. Its on the Panthers facebook page.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
PANTHERS at AUCKLAND NINES
- Elijah Taylor
- Te Maire Martin
- Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
- Jeremy Latimore

mxlegend99

Referee
Looks like we will send our Kiwi boys or guys with ties to NZ. Already have a better squad than last year.

betcats

Referee
Kikau would be perfect for this format, doubt they will risk him though. Looking forward to seeing Martin get a run.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
List of those playing PNG. ie wont be playing in Auckland.

- Jamie Soward
- Brent Naden
- Andy Saunders
- Josh Hall
- Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
- Wellington Albert
- Sam McKendry
- James Fisher-Harris
- Marli Sini
- Maliko Filino
- Sitaleki Akauola
- Rodney Coates

betcats

Referee
Marli Sini? So far outside of Sowie and Mckendry most of the PNG team seems to be guys a bit further down the depth chart.

I will be nervous watching Dallin and Bryce running around at the 9s.

betcats

Referee
More players confirmed:

Auckland 9s:

Mansour
Yeo
CHN
RCG
Katoa

PNG:

Matagi
Sam Clune
Tangitau
Peter Nay
Ray Lesoa
Nathan Cleary

Again the PNG guys are mostly guys who would be down the depth chart, I don't even recognise some of those names.

Blues Riff

Bench
Considering Gus' opinion of the nines, I wasn't sure whether to get excited about it. It seems the coaches are taking it seriously though with these selections. It looks like a competitive squad. Yeah there's always the worry about injuries, but hopefully this year preparations have been better and we get some luck.
Sowie and the reserves vs Hunters should be interesting. They'll give us a game, I'm sure. We might even get towelled up. Good test for James.

betcats

Referee
I'd like to watch that PNG game actually, a good test for Cleary also who probably hasn't played against grown men yet.

mxlegend99

Referee
Marli Sini? So far outside of Sowie and Mckendry most of the PNG team seems to be guys a bit further down the depth chart.

I will be nervous watching Dallin and Bryce running around at the 9s.
No more likely to get injured at the 9's then in the trial match. Atleast we get to see how fit and ready they're looking in the 9's though.

mxlegend99

Referee
I worry we will pick up injuries also. But they could happen in training or trials anyway. Rather see us send a decent squad to these matches and see how players are looking a month or so out from the regular season.

So long as we don't suffer season ending injuries it wouldn't be too bad anyway. Someone missing 6-8 weeks would only miss the start of the season.

franklin2323

Immortal
Injuries will come regardless. Players can play into form this way and we won't be chasing our tails like last season

GongPanther

Referee
PANTHERS v PNG HUNTERS
- Jamie Soward
- Brent Naden
- Andy Saunders
- Josh Hall
- Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
- Wellington Albert
- Sam McKendry
- James Fisher-Harris
- Marli Sini