What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland Nines News

Blair

Coach
True Dat. '92 WC I was on the terraces. Too young to drink but there were beer cup snakes 5-6m long.

And what a time for cricket, and Eden Park. The crowds have largely gone from the game now; short attention spans or something.

The main difference between the '92 WC and the early-80s games was that security (and administrators) had got their act together. The crowds were largely the same though.

Rugby League is king now.

Blair

Coach
What's with all that fan dress up? It's all new to me.

I presume it started with the Wellington Sevens? And then it would have been heavily promoted, as in 'best dressed on the day'?

It's pretty tacky.

ozbash

Referee

I presume it started with the Wellington Sevens? And then it would have been heavily promoted, as in 'best dressed on the day'?

It's pretty tacky.

no its not, it creates atmosphere and is a lot of fun.

awesonesses yesterday, today will be better..

just off to the airport to pick up the 'Wazz :sarcasm::crazy:

Blair

Coach
no its not, it creates atmosphere and is a lot of fun...

Yep, I suppose if you're there it's a different story. On TV, being detached from the atmosphere somewhat, it just seems a little over the top.

Are you and your mate dressing up? I'd like to try and spot you amongst all that madness.

Rich102

Staff member
Many have tried; few have succeeded.
They seek him here they seek him there,
That damned elusive Pimpernell.

(Look out for frilly frocks!)

ozbash

Referee
Yep, I suppose if you're there it's a different story. On TV, being detached from the atmosphere somewhat, it just seems a little over the top.

Are you and your mate dressing up? I'd like to try and spot you amongst all that madness.

yea, there were 45 of us in a group wearing white t's with a tuxedo printed on it..

was very very hot there today, many suffered.

It's pretty tacky.

I think some people go just to dress up and get on TV/big screen.
Have you ever seen that many females at a league game?

Latest posts