What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland Vulcans 2011 Team.

With Under 20's players being too old plus the leftover players from the Warriors. Also some other players from clubs in the Fox Memorial Cup. I think we can manage a very good team in 2011.

Here's mine:

2011 Auckland Vulcans:

1. Glen Fisiiahi
2. Fetongi Tuinauvai
3. Joel Moon
4. Niuvao Taka
5. Bill Tupou
6. Isaac John
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jeremy Latimore
9. Alehana Mara
10. Mataupu Poching
11. Sione Lousi
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Steve Rapira

14. Dane Shelford
15. Beau King
16. Charlie Gubb
17. Neccrom Areai'iti

I reckon Pita can crack the NRL or even make the bench with a full off season.

franklin2323

Immortal
they'd be absolutely insane not to. i can understand the arguments against, but holy sh*t they need that team.

I agree they need that team. Doesn't it lose to much money? Look at Ta'ai, Mara, Heremaia all can from that team. The NYC players need a quality comp to keep on developing

Iafeta

Referee
With Under 20's players being too old plus the leftover players from the Warriors. Also some other players from clubs in the Fox Memorial Cup. I think we can manage a very good team in 2011.

Here's mine:

2011 Auckland Vulcans:

1. Glen Fisiiahi
2. Fetongi Tuinauvai
3. Joel Moon
4. Niuvao Taka
5. Bill Tupou
6. Isaac John
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jeremy Latimore
9. Alehana Mara
10. Mataupu Poching
11. Sione Lousi
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Steve Rapira

14. Dane Shelford
15. Beau King
16. Charlie Gubb
17. Neccrom Areai'iti

I reckon Pita can crack the NRL or even make the bench with a full off season.

As I understand it, Neccrom and Gubb are looking to get deals elsewhere as at least up to Grand Final week they did not have deals with the Warriors. Matt Robinson is signed with the Warriors so I would expect him to have a spot in the Vulcans. Also, what is happening with James Gavet? Is he still with the Warriors? If he is, I would imagine he'd definitely be in the 17.

I don't expect Pita Godinet to crack the NRL team. I would expect Alehana Mara to be in first grade and Godinet to play in the Vulcans. It will be interested to see how they deal with the halves issue - they have Johnson and John who are both capable halves, and Godinet who was the NSW Premier League halfback of the year.

If they do field a team next year, I would expect much better performances. I would imagine the ratio of full time contracted players will be a lot higher next year, which I would think would help their consistency.

tezzah

Juniors
Pending first grade selection for the Vulcans this would be my line up for Round 1:
2011 WARRIORS

1. Lance Hohaia,
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Jerome Ropati
4. Joel Moon
5. Krisnan Inu
6. James Maloney
7. Brett Seymour
8. Sam Rapira
9. Aaron Heremaia
10. Ben Matulino
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Simon Mannering
13. Micheal Luck
14. Russell Packer
15. Lewis Brown
16. Jacob Lillyman
17. Shaun Berrigan

2011 VULCANS
1. Kevin Locke
2. Glen Fisiiahi
3. Elijah Taylor
4. Ivan Penehe
5. Bill Tupou
6. Isaac John
7. Pita Godinet
8. James Gavet
9. Alehana Mara
10. Upu Poching
11. Ukuma Ta'ai
12. Sione Lousi
13. Steve Rapira
14. Saulala Houma
15. Jeremy Latimore
16. Matt Robinson
17. Shaun Johnson
18. Ben Henry - 2011 NYC captain

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Pending first grade selection for the Vulcans this would be my line up for Round 1:
2011 WARRIORS

1. Lance Hohaia,
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Jerome Ropati
4. Joel Moon
5. Krisnan Inu
6. James Maloney
7. Brett Seymour
8. Sam Rapira
9. Aaron Heremaia
10. Ben Matulino
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Simon Mannering
13. Micheal Luck
14. Russell Packer
15. Lewis Brown
16. Jacob Lillyman
17. Shaun Berrigan

2011 VULCANS
1. Kevin Locke
2. Glen Fisiiahi
3. Elijah Taylor
4. Ivan Penehe
5. Bill Tupou
6. Isaac John
7. Pita Godinet
8. James Gavet
9. Alehana Mara
10. Upu Poching
11. Ukuma Ta'ai
12. Sione Lousi
13. Steve Rapira
14. Saulala Houma
15. Jeremy Latimore
16. Matt Robinson
17. Shaun Johnson
18. Ben Henry - 2011 NYC captain

Good post,

Highlights the amount of people contracted.
With that many players - might aswell just rebrand them as the warriors lol.

Taylor and Lousi probably do have more chance cracking warriors from centres.

Moon has been average.
Ropati - up and down & we all know he has a bad hammy.

Its imaginable some of those players will dropped to Fox at some stage.
And some top fox performers might push past warriors contracted players.

Guys like Nuivao Taka, Shaun Metcalfe, Atalea Nafetalai either have or could easily perform well at NSW level.

Then guys like Soape Kavaliku, Darin Kingi who will get a run.

Then that taunuvai??? played for tonga also so you would assume will push for a spot.

Warriors must be laughing with how much depth they have.

MID SEASON transfers will occur imo.
If seymour gets injured he might not ever recover his position, not with godinet, seymour and johnson chasing it.

Noa

First Grade
Be mad to make Johnson spend another year in NYC. Time to toughen him up and get him ready for 2012

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Be mad to make Johnson spend another year in NYC. Time to toughen him up and get him ready for 2012

he doesnt have another year in nyc.

However there will be a bit of dilemma in regards to halves.
Warriors have plenty of options with

John, Maloney, Seymour, Godinet & Johnson as halves.
Plus mateo.

Godinet was vulcans player of the year and played for samoa.

Skinner

Coach
Shaun is currently barred from entering Australia, hence he only plays home games.

I have read on another forum (completely unconfirmed and unsubstantiated) that Shaun has had his Australian entry ban lifted.

I guess we shall see.

Lossy

Juniors
Vulcans squad.

Following a summer long pre-season and a successful open trial, Vulcans Head Coach Richie Blackmore has announced an 8 man squad for the upcoming 2011 NSW Cup season as well as an extended squad of an additional 6 players to be used as cover.

These players will be mixed together with some Vodafone Warriors who are not selected for NRL duties to form a strong Auckland Vulcans side to compete in the 2011 NSW CUP.

Vulcans returning for the 2011 season include 2010 Rookie of the Year Johnny Aranga, the talented Fullback/outside who also played many successful Canterbury Bull sides, devastating centre Shaun Metcalf and workhorse backrower Tulson Caird.

Whilst Fox Memorial Hooker of the Year Darin Kingi, was called upon to the Vuclans for a series of games last year following his great form with Manurewa & Counties-Manukau become a Vulcan fulltime n 2011.

Howick Junior Anthony Gelling returns to Auckland following good form with the Roosters NYC squad and experiences with the Cook Islands side joined by fellow Cook Island International & Otahuhu Fox Memorial Captain Sema Mataora.

Perhaps lesser well known to the Auckland Rugby League scene would be Peter-George Rata however the barnstorming forward from Te Kuiti featured prominently for Waicoa-Bay Stallions as well as helping Hamilton City Tigers become Waikato Champions.

The 8 man squad is rounded out by young 19 year old Pukekohe Python Sonny Walker, who impressed during the recent open trial. A talented outside back, Sonny has plenty of premier experience with his local Pukekohe Pythons as well as a being regular for Auckland Maori in the Maori Rugby League Nationals. In 2010, Sonny also featured in the Auckland Southern Under 20’s side and following the Auckland Regional Challenge was named in the Auckland Under 20 Merit Team.

Add non-playing Warriors, stir, and serve while hot.