What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland Vulcans

Rich102

Staff member
With hope in your heart ???

No, not at all.
I just find it strange every time he is relegated to the Vulcans he becomes a no-show. Can't find anything about him being injured; hence the question.

Skinner

Coach
No, not at all.
I just find it strange every time he is relegated to the Vulcans he becomes a no-show. Can't find anything about him being injured; hence the question.

I note he is off his death bed to play for the Vulcans LOL

Iafeta

Referee
Pita Godinet was excellent there today. Harry Seijka finally started to take the ball to the line and was good. I'm becoming more and more impressed by Tangi Ropati. I reckon he's majorly underrated. Does he have a second tier contract? Bill Tupou wasn't involved much, but when he was he was very good. Tuimavave was again exposed defensively, although he set up a good try with a good run at the end.

ozbash

Referee
Versatile backrower Siosiua Taukeiaho returns from injury this week via the Auckland Vulcans interchange.
His addition adds another star name to what is already an impressive looking back row, led by former Junior Warriors captain John Palavi.
Prop forward Charlie Gubb, who was outstanding last week, will miss the match.
He sustained a nasty eye injury which looks to set to keep him on the sidelines for the clash against Windsor.
Retained in the squad is two try hero Pita Godient, while Atelea Nafetalai will once again play for his club side, his spot is assumed by Tangi Ropati.
Auckland Vulcans team:
1: Steve Waetford
2: Bill Tupou
3: Jerome Ropati
4: Carlos Tuimavave
5: Tangi Ropati
6: Pita Godinet
7: Harry Siejka
8: Nathaniel Peteru
9: Alehana Mara
10: Daniel Palavi
11: John Palavi
12: Sam Lousi
13: Murray Iti

14: Siliva Havili
15: Siosiua Taukeiaho
16: Agnatius Paasi
17: Herman Retzlaff

ozbash

Referee
VB NSW Cup rd #14 preview - Auckland Vulcans vs. Windsor Wolves:

By Corey Rosser

The Auckland Vulcans start a two game Australian road trip this weekend when they take on the fourth placed Windsor Wolves.
Fresh off a three game winning streak the Vulcans will be full of confidence, further exaggerated by the return of some key players to their ranks.

Windsor also come into the match in a rich vein of form.

Despite going down to 2012 premiers Newtown last week the Wolves had been on a three game streak of their own prior.

Earlier this year when these sides met in round four they could not be split. A 24 all draw feeling more like a victory for the Wolves who were behind before storming home.

Auckland benefitted hugely from the return of Pita Godinet in the halves last week and he will once again be important to their hopes of snaring a rare away win on Saturday.

Sam Lousi is slowly making his way back from a long injury layoff, but even when not at 100% the giant second rower is a destructive force.

Windsor will need to be acutely aware of his ability to offload late in the tackle, particularly near the try line.

The Wolves have superstar fullback Matt Moylan back after his dreams of playing more first grade football in 2013 were slashed due to a salary cap complication.

The Panthers loss is Windsor’s gain and expect Moylan to cause havoc at any given opportunity against the Vulcans.

Other key players include Luke Capewell, a versatile standoff who will need to guide his young halfback partner Toby Evans throughout the encounter.

The visitors are as close as they are going to get to having a full strength side and fresh of their recent success are well positioned to pull of their second away win of the year.

But the Wolves are a tough outfit, full of talent and determination.

Windsor Wolves Vs Auckland Vulcans

Windsor Sports Complex, Saturday, June 15

Kick-off: 6.00pm AEST

Referee: Adam Cassidy

Auckland Vulcans:

1. Steve Waetford

2. Bill Tupou

3. Jerome Ropati

4. Carlos Tuimavave

5. Tangi Ropati

6. Pita Godinet

7. Harry Siejka

8. Nathaniel Peteru

9. Alehana Mara

10. Daniel Palavi

11. John Palavi

12. Sam Lousi

13. Murray Iti

14. Siliva Havili

15. Siosiua Taukeiaho

16. Agnatius Paasi

17. Herman Retzlaff

COACH: Willie Swann

Windsor Wolves:

1. MATT MOYLAN

2. GEOFF DANIELA

3. BRAD TIGHE

4. TOM EISENHUTH

5. ETO NABULI

6. LUKE CAPWELL

7. TOBY EVANS

18. NEECROM AREAIITI

9. DANIEL FOSTER

10. KYLE O’DONNELL

11. VAIPUNA TIA KILIFI

12. ANTHONY CHERRINGTON

13. NATHAN SMITH

14. LIAM AYOUB

15. BRYCE CARTWRIGHT

16. REAGAN CAMPBELL-GILLARD

17. JOSH BUTFIELD

COACH: Garth Brennan

jaseg

Juniors
Good team ... though surely they are aware Seijka is gooorrrne?

Updated lineup here:
http://www.warriors.co.nz/news-display/NSW CUP PREVIEW Windsor v Vulcans/77179

1 STEVE WAETFORD
2 BILL TUPOU
3 JEROME ROPATI
15 SIO SIUA TAUKEIAHO
5 TANGI ROPATI
4 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
6 PITA GODINET
18 SUAIA MATAGI
9 ALEHANA MARA
10 DANIEL PALAVI
11 JOHN PALAVI
12 SAM LOUSI
19 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
Interchange:
8 NATHANIEL PETERU
13 MURRAY ITI
14 SILIVA HAVILI
16 AGNATIUS PAASI
17 HERMAN RETZLAFF

This says a few things about the first grade lineup also.. Locke out (we knew that already), Ikahihifo & Matagi drop to the Vulcans meaning that Charlie Gubb looks to be in line for his FG debut (err, I'm pretty sure he didn't play earlier this year despite coming very close?).

Izz

Bench
Updated lineup here:
http://www.warriors.co.nz/news-display/NSW CUP PREVIEW Windsor v Vulcans/77179

1 STEVE WAETFORD
2 BILL TUPOU
3 JEROME ROPATI
15 SIO SIUA TAUKEIAHO
5 TANGI ROPATI
4 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
6 PITA GODINET
18 SUAIA MATAGI
9 ALEHANA MARA
10 DANIEL PALAVI
11 JOHN PALAVI
12 SAM LOUSI
19 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
Interchange:
8 NATHANIEL PETERU
13 MURRAY ITI
14 SILIVA HAVILI
16 AGNATIUS PAASI
17 HERMAN RETZLAFF

This says a few things about the first grade lineup also.. Locke out (we knew that already), Ikahihifo & Matagi drop to the Vulcans meaning that Charlie Gubb looks to be in line for his FG debut (err, I'm pretty sure he didn't play earlier this year despite coming very close?).
I hope Ikahihifo playing for the Vulcans doesn't mean Lowrie's going straight back into firsts.

ETA: I heard rumours Lowrie might be travelling with the team. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Last edited:

jamaman

Juniors
I hope Ikahihifo playing for the Vulcans doesn't mean Lowrie's going straight back into firsts.

ETA: I heard rumours Lowrie might be travelling with the team. Can anyone confirm or deny?

If he is fit then why not?

jaseg

Juniors

That's actually probably very likely. I don't really mind him coming into the team at the expense of Ikahihifo, but hopefully he doesn't take Taylor's starting spot, since Taylor has played better in his absence than Lowrie has had all year. Frankly, he should only be used in the case of injury or to give Taylor a rest and be a basic tacklebot in those minutes. Gubb would then be cover for Packer's sternum(?).

JoeD

First Grade
Mrs D summed it up best. Who played so badly last week that they deserved to be dropped for that nob.