What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AusKick is not Aussie Rules

AuckMel

Bench
The only true indication is signed up juniors who play in a regular weekly comp .

Very much agree, Phil. Participation is great and the more kids who participate in any sport the better, but the life blood of any football club are the clubs junior players.

docbrown

Coach
FFS,It was club membership not club competition. :oops:

FFS you have to be a Lions member to play for the academy side. A third of the academy side came from Auskick in 2010, not other local clubs :roll:

anyone who has anything to do with Australian football knows the difference between auskick, where you must sign up, and in nearly all cases pay,

spritzer said:
School participation at school is not auskick

You know how much it costs to enter the schools Auskick Carnival Gala Days in QLD and NSW?

Nothing! :lol:

You don't even have to have paid for a previous registration to qualify. You just attend for one day once a year, not even a full day, usually less than an hour and you get listed on the Auskick tallies.

:lol:

Spritzer reminds me of a certain poster on the RAH who lives on the other side of the country but knows more about QLD sport than people who live here.

spritzer

FFS you have to be a Lions member to play for the academy side. A third of the academy side came from Auskick in 2010, not other local clubs :roll:

You know how much it costs to enter the schools Auskick Carnival Gala Days in QLD and NSW?

Nothing! :lol:

You don't even have to have paid for a previous registration to qualify. You just attend for one day once a year, not even a full day, usually less than an hour and you get listed on the Auskick tallies.

I see you have been feverishly tapping away on your keyboard googling Australian football, so much knowledge, but all so muddled up, because you cant speak from real experience, just what a screen tells you.

spritzer

Spritzer reminds me of a certain poster on the RAH who lives on the other side of the country but knows more about QLD sport than people who live here.

I would pit my knowledge of Australian football in QLD against yours, and i am pretty certain i would have more knowledge than you, many programs, pathways, etc are similar countrywide, as far as other sports go, like for EX: Rugby league, i would bow to your experience and knowledge.

Ok How many Juniors are there in QLD..proper playing juniors in regular Comps,Not oz kick,not school clinics,not participation numbers..just paid up regular juniors.

spritzer

Ok How many Juniors are there in QLD..proper playing juniors in regular Comps,Not oz kick,not school clinics,not participation numbers..just paid up regular juniors.

Here is the sportingpulse link for AFL QLD ..

http://www.aflq.com.au/index.php?id=570

Go to the fixtures/results list for each league, if they are not up, wait for the season to start and then start counting, most teams put a Christian name team list up, go for your life.

Auskick teams at club level; will probably not be there, as they usually play intraclub games.

Hoops

Juniors
I noticed a post of mine quoting what the AFL cites as participation got deleted, I guess it doesn't fit into Diablows world view.

The Australian Football participation census is compiled annually
and includes only formal participants and players in organised
competitions and programs of at least six weeks’ duration.

also WRT school clinics not counting in the participation figures from the same source.

In 2010, the AFL
development network conducted school visits and clinics that reached
a massive 1,434,708 children.

AFL Annual Report 2010 - NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT

docbrown

Coach
I see you have been feverishly tapping away on your keyboard googling Australian football, so much knowledge, but all so muddled up, because you cant speak from real experience, just what a screen tells you.

Idiot, you were the one that brought up the registration costs, not me. The only person who googled the costs and then posted them is you! :lol:

I see you also avoided admitting that school PE gala days are indeed free and that's where most schools in NSW & QLD get their Auskick registration numbers from. Just one day a year.

as far as other sports go, like for EX: Rugby league, i would bow to your experience and knowledge.

That explains why you made a bunch of posts ranting on about Rugby League television ratings... :roll:

spritzer

Idiot, you were the one that brought up the registration costs, not me. The only person who googled the costs and then posted them is you! :lol:

I see you also avoided admitting that school PE gala days are indeed free and that's where most schools in NSW & QLD get their Auskick registration numbers from. Just one day a year.

That explains why you made a bunch of posts ranting on about Rugby League television ratings... :roll:

Obviously the years you have spent behind your computer screen, feverishly googling Australian football has burnt your brain, here is how auskickers are counted, for the second time,

Here is a example of auskick in Cairns after school at the school :
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_p...cleID=18363934

Auskick Term 1 2012:
Trinity Beach SS - Monday February 20 from 3:00pm for duration of School Term - $60.00
Holy Cross - Monday February 20 from 3:00pm for duration of School Term - $60.00
St Therese - Tuesday March 13 and Thursday March 15 from 3:00pm for duration of School Term - $60.00
OLHOC - Tuesday February 21 from 3:00pm for duration of School Term - $60.00
Mother of Good Counsel - Wednesday February 22 from 3:00pm for duration of School Term - $60.00

Here is one from Western Sydney in 2010, they are all after school auskick centres, where you must sign up and pay.

http://www.aflnswact.com.au/fileadmi...l_programs.xls

School participation at school is not auskick, people either are misunderstanding, using the wrong terminoligy or just plain ignorant.

There is also of course club auskick, every junior club in QLD has auskick seasons, they usually run just a bit shorter than their older juniors, there are around 40 junior clubs in Brisbane, and around 10 each on the Sunshine and Gold coast, but hey !!, you would know all that right ?, because your world revolves around Australian football.

http://leopards.com.au/

docbrown

Coach
School participation at school is not auskick, people either are misunderstanding, using the wrong terminoligy or just plain ignorant.

http://www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/assets/pubs/industry/schools_directory_10.pdf

Program: NAB Auskick Carnivals

The AFL provides gala days for all primary students. The Paul Kelly Cup is a competition for years 5 and 6 boys and girls in Term 1. The Auskick Carnival is a skills plus modified games participation and enjoyment day held in Term 4.

Cost: FREE

Now queue your whinging...
:cry::cry::-({|=:BDH::lol:

spritzer

http://www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/assets/pubs/industry/schools_directory_10.pdf

Program: NAB Auskick Carnivals

The AFL provides gala days for all primary students. The Paul Kelly Cup is a competition for years 5 and 6 boys and girls in Term 1. The Auskick Carnival is a skills plus modified games participation and enjoyment day held in Term 4.

Cost: FREE

Now queue your whinging...
:cry::cry::-({|=:BDH::lol:

As i have constantly stated, sitting behind your computer screen googling Australian football, Auskick, NSW department of sport, ABS stats on Australian football, does not give you real feel or understanding for the game at grass roots level, and further adding to that, your really childish insults are pretty lame, but they no doubt give you a bit of a schoolgirl giggle !.

Have a look at http://www.aflauskick.com.au/parents/frequently-asked-questions/

http://www.aflauskick.com.au/parents/about-auskick/terms-of-participation/

You must, for each child:
(i) complete all areas on and sign and date the Form; and
(ii) pay the AFL the Fee either by cash, cheque made payable to your State body (e.g – SANFL, AFL Victoria) or by completing the online credit card section during an online registration.

So who are we to believe ?? , The AFL !, or a heading on a NSW sports site ??.

Seeing the AFL runs auskick, you would think they would know what auskick is, which is a program you have to sign up for, and pay !.

So i guess it's back to the drawing board, or should i say, back to your little secret computer world, where you can google Australian football day in day out.

docbrown

Coach
So who are we to believe ?? , The AFL !, or a heading on a NSW sports site ??.

How about you believe the information in the official government fact guide sourced directly from the AFL! :lol:

A few posts ago you said:

spritzer said:
participation at school is not auskick

Now you're claiming that both the NSW Government and the AFL are lying... :crazy:

But keep waging your one man war on NSW and QLD from outside the border... :lol:

spritzer

How about you believe the information in the official government fact guide sourced directly from the AFL! :lol:

A few posts ago you said:

Now you're claiming that both the NSW Government and the AFL are lying... :crazy:

But keep waging your one man war on NSW and QLD from outside the border... :lol:

Never claimed anyone was lying, what i have claimed is that you are terribly, terribly confused, and by the looks of it, remain so !.

Quite clearly there is Australian football participation at schools, that is not auskick, which is run by development officers, who visit schools, and all sports should do it, AFL development officers at schools encourage the kids to join auskick, as all sports do with their own sports.

Club Auskick, and after school auskick are different beasts altogether, i repeat, you must sign and pay to be a part of it, as i linked you to the official AFL Auskick site.

You really are a goose, if you choose to believe what a public servant from NSW typed into his computer over the people who actually run the program, i get the impression you may be a public servant ?, you seem to spend copious amounts of hours researching Australian Football, and still get it wrong !.

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Quite clearly there is Australian football participation at schools, that is not auskick,

sprizer said:
if you choose to believe what a public servant from NSW typed into his computer over the people who actually run the program

Here's the people who actually run the program. Let's see what they call it:

http://www.aflnswact.com.au/index.php?id=219

NAB Auskick Gala Days

Your school is invited to participate in the NAB AFL Auskick Carnivals conducted by the AFL (NSW/ACT) development team during Term 4. NAB AFL Auskick Carnivals are open to students from Years 3 and 4.
During the NAB AFL Auskick Carnival, children participate in both skill development sessions and play games of modified AFL football. This allows all children to experience AFL in a safe and fun environment while also developing fundamental movement skills. The skill development sessions, conducted by AFL accredited coaches, will focus on developing the skills of kicking, hand passing, catching (marking) and general ball handling skills.
Following the skill development sessions, children participate in AFL games using modified 12-a-side rules in a round robin format. If possible, boys, girls and mixed teams will play in separate draws. There is no cost for schools to be involved in this program.
2010 Dates
NAB AFL Auskick gala days will be completed in Term 4

Okay - so did anybody notice the very subtle references to the words "Auskick", "school", "students" and "no cost" in that article...?

If only it was written by the people who actually run the program...

sprizer said:
if you choose to believe what a public servant from NSW typed into his computer over the people who actually run the program

Oh wait, it is!

spritzer

Here's the people who actually run the program. Let's see what they call it:

http://www.aflnswact.com.au/index.php?id=219

[/SIZE]

Okay - so did anybody notice the very subtle references to the words "Auskick", "school", "students" and "no cost" in that article...?

If only it was written by the people who actually run the program...

Oh wait, it is!

You seriously have no idea, the Paul Kelly cup, intra school primary comps, inter school primary comps and the mullticultural program all generally use the same rules as auskick, ie: they are usually modified games.

The gala day you are referring to, use auskick rules as well, but for all intents and purposes auskick is a program of varying length - 6 weeks and upwards that people sign up for and pay.

Do you get it yet, kids who play in the schoolyard, who are not allowed to tackle at lunchtime generally use auskick rules, but not all of them are signed up to play auskick.

You were totally confused about the junior players who took out junior membership at Brisbane Lions, and you are hopelessly confused about this, speak to anyone involved in auskick, and they will tell you that these kids are playing the rules of auskick, but are not registered auskickers.

And yes the NSWAFL must take some of the blame for confusing you, but anyone involved in auskick, past or present knows whats what.