What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussie box-art

PONGIA

Juniors
if thats a rip off of the super league one whoever has done its done a pretty f**kin good job of making the screenshots on the back...

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
i like it and i don't think it's bad what team is on the cover it's just a cover the game is what we wanna play and what we are waiting for

miccle

Bench
I'm not a dogs fan by any means but i still love it. IMO it's a lot more professional and realistic than the NZ cover. Top work everyone involved! Now get the damn thing out on the shelves :lol:

HDWicked

Juniors
Its The Real Deal...i saw it Today at my Local EB...i asked the guy and he said yeah it was legit, they had only got it in this morning

azzah72

Bench
who cares what the cover looks like?

Is it going to affect your experience and the gameplay?

no

so who cares!

looks aiight anyway!

woohoo! that cover is awesome, pricey is a deadset legend. im soooo glad andrew johns isnt on the front coz i thought for sure he would be!

Costa dragon

Juniors
I am the guy that has this cover but Ialso have the game. It is awsome. Iam very fortunate to know someone at trublu.

The artwork is now aon show at EB and other ganesplaces . It is the real deal.

Munky

Coach
Why is it a club player and a no-name like Steven Price (it's true) on the box-art. ARL 96 had Freddy Fittler in his Australian Jersey so why not Andrew Johns or Darren Lockyer?

B_Tiger

Juniors
I have to say that I'm pretty dissapointed. My dislike of the bulldogs doesn't help it any but the graphics just seem poor and amateur. Like the stacey jones league cover I don't think the cover is very proffesionally done. It's the sort of cover that you see in the bargain bin. I hope that isn't the fate of this game.

Dragon

Coach
Costa dragon said:
I am the guy that has this cover but Ialso have the game. It is awsome. Iam very fortunate to know someone at trublu.

The artwork is now aon show at EB and other ganesplaces . It is the real deal.

yep, gotta give Costa the credit for the cover.

Hey Costa mate, you gotta put up a review or somethin :)

SurfyPunk

Juniors
Hi everyone, this is my first post here ... be nice ;-)

It’s my understanding that their licence for the Super League does not cover player likenesses. So they might not be able to use an actual photo of a Super League player in the UK version for legal reasons.

But why use the drawing/art on the front cover of the Australian version of the game, when you could have a photo of any one of, or better yet, multiple superstars? (fitler, lockier, johns, talis, jones, sing, etc.)

As azzah72 said the cover won’t affect the game play, however it will affect the sales, thus affecting the chances of a sequel. I don't know about you guys but I want to see this game take off and have yearly releases like all the EA sports games (NHL, Madden, F1, etc.)

Matta

Juniors
SurfyPunk said:
Hi everyone, this is my first post here ... be nice ;-)

It’s my understanding that their licence for the Super League does not cover player likenesses. So they might not be able to use an actual photo of a Super League player in the UK version for legal reasons.

But why use the drawing/art on the front cover of the Australian version of the game, when you could have a photo of any one of, or better yet, multiple superstars? (fitler, lockier, johns, talis, jones, sing, etc.)

As azzah72 said the cover won’t affect the game play, however it will affect the sales, thus affecting the chances of a sequel. I don't know about you guys but I want to see this game take off and have yearly releases like all the EA sports games (NHL, Madden, F1, etc.)

Firstly, welcome...

I agree that they could have used a player with a higher profile (I don't thik they even know who Price is in UK), but due to the agreement not covering player likeliness, that's probably why they didn't use an Englishman.

And, I'm VERY confident that there'll be a sequel (I can smell one!)

For Gods sake guys, lets get over the cover......I'm pretty sure people won't see the game and go "Hmmmm a rugby league game, I want a league game, but Stephen Price is on the cover, I'm not gonna buy it."

I can't wait for this game.....and I'd say I'll only look at the cover while the game loads on my computer, after that I couldn't care less, they could have David Campese and I wouldn't care.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i can stand Steve Price because ive met him and he is a top bloke, but i will really hate looking at a bulldog on the cover every time i reach for the game........

although should it have been "Andrew Johns Rugby League" or even a picture of Andrew Johns on the cover they could have thrown my purchase away
Thats is the extent at which i hate Fat arse!

**Note to sidhe and HES, do not put johns on the cover in any sequel...