What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aust Vs SL - 2nd Final (Sydney)

TheParraboy

Staff member
sanjane said:
his own He got smashed for 99 yesterday but didn't say a word...

he cant give his fielders the stare or abuse when they are going over the fence ? ;-)

sanjane

Juniors
TheParraboy said:
he cant give his fielders the stare or abuse when they are going over the fence ? ;-)

i couldn't care what he said (or didn't say) to his teammates...They all respect him, but to visiting cricketers he doesn't give anything of that nature...

to the opposition he didn't say anything...no sledging, no gamesmanship, no "mental disintegration"...

Pity your players and also crowds aren't that way...you sad, sad ppl.

JoeD

First Grade
It is fun to watch Murali heave away and hit some in the middle.
It was awesome and the game was already won by australia. Hogg could've taken it in his stride and laughed it off but instead he acted like a spoiled brat. To Murali's credit his only response to the swearing was a big grin.

HevyDevy

Coach
sanjane said:
While other 'normal' ppl who went to school actually attended maths class, others were simply thinking about what crap they could make up next...

You can't blame him, really BB. He's just not smart.

Just thought you'd like to know:

Murali has taken 121 of his wickets against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. His 87 against Zimbabwe is the most he has taken against any country, with 34 being taken against the Bangaldeshis.

Warne, on the other hand, has never taken a wicket against Bangladesh and only 6 against Zimbabwe.

But hey, it's not like I attended maths class or anything ...

SirShire

First Grade
sanjane said:
He got smashed for 99 yesterday but didn't say a word...

I wonder if Warney (or Hogg for that matter) could take notice...

Last I checked, Hoggy or Warney haven't ever been carted for 99 off their 10 overs.

And as if Murali was in any position to say a thing yesterday. When you bowl like sh*t, you shut the hell up. Especially when the likes of Roy are sending you to the boundary.

JJ

Immortal
SirShire said:
When you bowl like sh*t, you shut the hell up.

perhaps you can pass that advice on to the Australian bowlers...

Brett Lee has bowled like sh*t in tests for years, yet never shut up or stopped the show pony act... Others are never short of a word either, regardless of how they're bowling...

Balmain_Boy

lockyno1 said:
Um that is ODI'S! I'd suggest you have a look at the test matches against the great Zimbots and the Bangers! It is no wonder why it was only Sri Lanka that was disappointed when Zimbabwe got suspended!

Last time I checked this is a thread about one day cricket dufus.

Either way to suggest Vettori is better than Murali just shows what a moron you are. I suppose Hauritz is better too sh*t for brains.

sanjane

Juniors
SirShire said:
Last I checked, Hoggy or Warney haven't ever been carted for 99 off their 10 overs.

And as if Murali was in any position to say a thing yesterday. When you bowl like sh*t, you shut the hell up. Especially when the likes of Roy are sending you to the boundary.

Yeah, and when Warne and co get hit, they keep quiet too, yeah????

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Last time I checked this is a thread about one day cricket dufus.

Either way to suggest Vettori is better than Murali just shows what a moron you are. I suppose Hauritz is better too sh*t for brains.

I never said Hauritz was better you tool! Sanjane said "worlds best bowler"! It did not specify ODI'S or TESTS! Have a look at his 140 odd test wickets against the Zimbots and the Bangers, add in the 40 or 50 ODI wickets! Warne has 6 wickets against the Zimbots! Heck if we played the Zimbots as often as Murali does, Warne would have 800 wickets! It is ridiculous! It is good the Zimbots got suspended!

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
I never said Hauritz was better you tool! Sanjane said "worlds best bowler"! It did not specify ODI'S or TESTS! Have a look at his 140 odd test wickets against the Zimbots and the Bangers, add in the 40 or 50 ODI wickets! Warne has 6 wickets against the Zimbots! Heck if we played the Zimbots as often as Murali does, Warne would have 800 wickets! It is ridiculous! It is good the Zimbots got suspended!

locky - you're embarrassing yourself...

Richard Hadlee took 130 wickets against Australia - should we deduct them from his record... he was especially devastating in Australia, with 77 at 17.8...

the fact that a bowler dominates the batting of another test nation should not impact on how they're viewed... Should I also mention Hayden's world record?

I agree that Warne is a better bowler, you sound petty by citing things like that. Sri Lanka should be applauded for supporting developing countries - if Australia had done that better in the past, the game would be better off for it now

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
locky - you're embarrassing yourself...

Richard Hadlee took 130 wickets against Australia - should we deduct them from his record... he was especially devastating in Australia, with 77 at 17.8...

the fact that a bowler dominates the batting of another test nation should not impact on how they're viewed... Should I also mention Hayden's world record?

I agree that Warne is a better bowler, you sound petty by citing things like that. Sri Lanka should be applauded for supporting developing countries - if Australia had done that better in the past, the game would be better off for it now

Why would I discount Hadlee's record especially against Australia? He was a great bowler! Mate I hated it when Hayden broke the World Record becuase it was made against a side that should not have been even playing test cricket. This is exactly the same with Murali! Yes we should be supporting developing countries, but in ODI'S not test matches! Playing tests angainst the Zimbots in particular and Bangladesh is a joke if you play them as reguarly as Sri Lanka do! I am happy that the Zimbots have been suspended!

SirShire

First Grade
sanjane said:
Yeah, and when Warne and co get hit, they keep quiet too, yeah????

I've never once said they don't, I agree that when any bowler is consistently blown over the ropes in an innings, that he should shut his trap and try and get the batsmen out. Sri Lankans, Poms, Indians, Aussies - everyone.