What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia tour of South Africa (white ball) Aug 31 - Sept 2023

undertaker

Coach
Be interesting the squad we take, as we ramp up for the WC

3 T20s, and 5 x 0DIs coming up vs the Proteas

(Right after this tour we go to india for 3 x ODI v India and the ODI WC)

The 3 T20s...

2am Thu, 31 Aug '23
1st T20I (N) • Durban

2am Sat, 02 Sep '23
2nd T20I (N) • Durban

10pm Sun, 03 Sep '23
3rd T20I • Durban

The 5 x ODIs start earlier AEST, either 9pm or 6pm
Found the schedule for the ODIs:

First 3 ODIs @ Bloemfontein (September 7, 9, 12)
4th ODI @ Centurion (September 15)
5th ODI @ Johannesburg (September 17)

First 4 ODIs are day/nighters, starting at 9pm AEST. Final ODI is a day game, starting at 6pm AEST.

Fangs

Coach

Australia's ODI squad: Pat Cummins (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Nathan Ellis, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Tanveer Sangha, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa * To be trimmed to 15 for the ODI World Cup

---

No Labs in the ODI squad.

I think we might see a return of top order Alex Carey. Not a fan but I think we are short in that area.

Bazal

Post Whore

Australia's ODI squad: Pat Cummins (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Nathan Ellis, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Tanveer Sangha, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa * To be trimmed to 15 for the ODI World Cup

---

No Labs in the ODI squad.

I think we might see a return of top order Alex Carey. Not a fan but I think we are short in that area.

Potato squad. Once again we're over relying on hit and miss "all rounders" who are sloggers with the bat and but part bowlers, and underpowering the batting

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ill give the ODI side a crack for game 1 of the WC

I know Warner will be there and Carey, but reckon this side would be more high octane..

Inglis (wk)
Head
Smith
MMarsh
Maxwell
David
Rig or Hardee or Abbott or Agar
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Zampa

simmo1

First Grade
Ill give the ODI side a crack for game 1 of the WC

I know Warner will be there and Carey, but reckon this side would be more high octane..

Inglis (wk)
Head
Smith
MMarsh
Maxwell
David
Rig or Hardee or Abbott or Agar
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Zampa

I think we will see something like:

Warner
Head
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
Carey
Stoinis/Green
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Zampa

Green did well in the IPL up the order and I tried to find a spot for him there, but difficult to squeeze him in.

Bazal

Post Whore
Warner
Head
Smith
Green
Marsh
Maxwell/Rig (pitch depending)
Carey/Inglis
Starc
Cummins
Ellis
Zampa

f**k off with the constant hit and giggle deadshits. Maxwell and Rig to be considered based on what need for the pitch. Agar (still yuck) as the second spinner where needed but most Indian ODI decks are roads

I'd still have picked more genuine bats but it is what it is

Fangs

Coach
Crystal ball here. The next 8 ODIs are absolutely going to shape this team.

Just the batting that is really in question I think:

Warner
Head
Smith
Carey
Marsh
Stoinis/Fill
Maxwell

I don't like Carey so high up. I suppose it might be Marsh who plays 4. But I think we are one short in the batting department. Especially if Davey's form nose dives.

TheParraboy

Staff member
As posted by AG in the prestigious MS Wade thread

Wadeys back, back again...

An ankle injury has forced star all-rounder Glenn Maxwell out of Australia’s T20 series against South Africa in yet another blow to his World Cup preparations.
Maxwell, who was already set to miss the ODI leg of the tour for the birth of his first child, will return home after tweaking his left ankle during the squad’s first training session in Durban.

Veteran keeper-batter Matthew Wade will take Maxwell’s spot in the T20 squad, with the 35-year-old earning an opportunity to prolong his international career into the 2024 T20 World Cup in the US after West Australian gloveman Josh Inglis was preferred by the selectors for the original squad.

“Wadey is a world class performer and is fit and ready to go, having this week completed his commitments with the London Spirit in The Hundred.”

Wade’s recall comes after he signed a contract extension with the Hobart Hurricanes on Monday to extend his playing career until at least 2026, when he will be 38.

“My intention has always been to finish up playing my cricket here at home in Tassie, so it’s great to have locked in my future with the Hurricanes until 2026,” Wade said.

“As a professional cricketer, you spend a lot of your time travelling, so to be able to be based at home and be able to play in front of my family and friends is something that’s really important to me.”

1693210788683.png

Latest posts