What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia tour of South Africa (white ball) Aug 31 - Sept 2023

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The demise of South African cricket side is really a concern. It's as dire as the West Indies.

I hate the arrogant pricks but a competitive South Africa is crucial for World Cricket.

It also makes them choking in a WC all the more fun.
20/20 will kill cricket. Rugby League probably has 20 years left before it's too dangerous. What will we be left with?

Fangs

Coach
The demise of South African cricket side is really a concern. It's as dire as the West Indies.

I hate the arrogant pricks but a competitive South Africa is crucial for World Cricket.

It also makes them choking in a WC all the more fun.

Just cricket in general I think.

It kind of hit me last home Summer. The quality of the opposition was really poor and I felt bored watching test cricket which was weird for me.

Not like its the first bad home summer we've had but it was noticeably bad and Australia weren't all that great themselves.

Fangs

Coach
Mitch Marsh is so hot right now.

Looks set for a big WC and has unseated Green to get his test spot back. Really happy for him.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Mitch Marsh is so hot right now.

Looks set for a big WC and has unseated Green to get his test spot back. Really happy for him.
Not his fault he was picked before he was ready.

I think his brother Shaun Marsh failing a lot didnt help his cause either. Which polarised a lot of people.

Picking Stoinis over Marsh in the 2019 WC was the wrong decision may not have cost us the WC as we probably werent good enough anyway.

But give me Bison over stoinis every day of the week.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Green was picked on potential, rather than ability although he's not short on ability.

If Davey retires or gets dropped, we could still see them both in the test team

Fangs

Coach
If Davey retires or gets dropped, we could still see them both in the test team

Absolutely its an option. It is 5 and 6 batting spots however and they have to justify it in that area first. Wickets are a plus but a bit high up the order for both to be averaging 30 odd.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely its an option. It is 5 and 6 batting spots however and they have to justify it in that area first. Wickets are a plus but a bit high up the order for both to be averaging 30 odd.

yeah, I could see it working for now as I don't see a lot of other options.

Marsh as the batting all rounder and Green as the bowling all rounder.

and Davey ->