What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v England - 4th Ashes Test

El Diablo

Post Whore
Jordan said:
That was a ridiculous attempt of a shot by Tait.. What was he thinking?

Who will open the bowling?..I'd imagine Warne will be used very early, but I guess all we'd be doing is delaying the inevitable.

Tait is a number 11 batsmen so he can be excused.

Be more worried about some of the other hacks.

Jordan

Juniors
I guess he is...but it's disapointing because there was Brett Lee at the other end who is no slouch with the bat.

camsmith

Juniors
El Diablo said:
Where would we be without The Great Man?

Warne for PM

We would be back at the hotel down 3 - 1.

Yep warney for PM! We know he wouldnt sell sell telstra, He wouldnt want SMS prices going up.

IN OTHER NEWS ---- WARNEY STIKES AGAIN!! CHAMPION!

Jordan

Juniors
WWWWWAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

He's got another! Gives us a slight in the distance, need binoculars to see it, glimmer of hope.

camsmith

Juniors
Nope.

Almost won (again) but the lucky pommys win again.

Its hard when your in-form batters (katich,Ponting) gets given out for rubbish, yet jones gets given not-out on a caught behind and goes on to make 50 more runs.

But we cant win the close ones... we better be fired up for the next test, and the rain better stay the bloody hell away.

aussies1st

Staff member
Basically what you have been seeing all series against England. The bowling has conceded 400 odd which is basically what the next generation will be conceding from now on. The batting can only improve for the next generation if you compare it to this series.

JJ

Immortal
but I thought the Pura cup was full of superstars to continue the dominance without so much as a blip???

Big Mick

Referee
When warne retires, it'll be massive but we'll have McGill for a little bit and in that time Jason Kjreza and Nathan Hauritz may have learnt some consistancy.

With McGrath...well you can't replace class. But I believe Nathan Bracken is the bowler that needs to be there now. He's a lefty, can swing the ball in and out and really needs to be there for a bit of variation so the batters don't get comfortable.

Balmain_Boy

What a finish. Stayed up till the end, very stupid considering I have a uni presentation in 40 minutes. I'm absolutely rooted, but well worth it.

Warne is just incredible. Can't describe just how good he is. Credit to Matthew Hoggard and Giles who were the only Poms not to lose their heads. Brett Lee also bowled excellently, to some very very suspect Ponting field placings.

fish eel

Immortal
JJ said:
but I thought the Pura cup was full of superstars to continue the dominance without so much as a blip???

well, perhaps we'd know if the selectors have been more adventerous. there's certainly some talent there, but its totally untested. Thats one reason why I'd been so disappointed we havent seen an overhaul of the one day side.

JJ

Immortal
From what I've seen Hauritz would have to learn to spin the ball too...

Latest posts