What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v England - 4th Ashes Test

Tommy Smith

Referee
That was intense. Was hoping for a 8 or 9 wicket win but that was seemingly never going to happen in this series.

Oh well, its time to pray for rain...i want a monsoon for the Oval test...

JJ

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
Pfft, no achievement there. Even Robert Croft is ten times the bowler Nathan Hauritz is.

I wasn't saying it was an achievement!

aussies1st

Staff member
Haurtiz is gorn. He had a good debut for a spinner getting out Tendulkar but he isn't even in the Queensland 1st side. Cullen is the next superstar. Any player that can bowl and get wickets on the flat deck on SA will be able to suceed anywhere.

Earl

Coach
The Adealaide Oval has always been considered a good place for spinners.

But Dan Cullen is definatly the best of the bunch.

Heres hoping Nathan Hauritz and Cameron White don't get anywhere near test caps in the near future.

Red Bear

Referee
Wasnt overly concerned about the umpires decisions in other tests etc, they even each other out, but just the katich descision was by far the worst ive ever seen, at that point in a game. That was disgraceful.

Stuart

Juniors
How Hauritz and Kreja are even being suggested as replacements for Warne is beyond me. Both were mediocre at pura cup level last season.

Dan Cullen is the most likely, he looks very good. His SA team mate Cullen Bailey looked OK to in the one game he played last year and if he keeps improving could be another option.

In general our pura cup bowling ranks look pretty thin, here's hoping some step up this season and give us some other options.

Red Bear

Referee
Actually i have always though we would continue to have decent batsmen coming through the ranks. Bowling i knew we were gone once Mcgrath n Warne retire.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Cut it out, we haven't replaced Don Bradman since 1948 but we've done OK.

Just enjoy the fact you've watched over a decade of great cricket provided by 2 bowlers who would be in our all time XI.

So we lose a series, Australia had a plan to win in India in 2003 and it worked.

If we lose this one I can guarantee the minute Buchanan stepsoff the plane at Kingsford Smith, they will start working on a plan to demolish England in 2006/7 and restore the natural order of things.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stuart said:
How Hauritz and Kreja are even being suggested as replacements for Warne is beyond me. Both were mediocre at pura cup level last season

Hauritz will be a champion in 2 years! All of you just watch!:)