What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V england

vbfg

Juniors
Ryan Bailey would have been a walk in to the British pack. He's still young and he'd likey have started from the bench but I'm sure he'd have been in there. He's come on to the scene at about the same age and in about the same way as Fielden did in '98 but he's a tougher bloke than Fielden. Fielden took a *lot* of stick in '99 when it became clear he was willing to react, it'll be interesting to see if that happens to Bailey next year. When 19 year old props make as much of an impact as he has though they're bloody good, and he's only going to get better.

Walker would have been in with a shout but to be honest, I'm glad he isn't. He wouldn't have made the second row ahead of Peacock or Farrell but he'd have been another option in the centres instead of Connolly. The trouble with that is Calderwood stopped having a decent season when Walker got banged up. Had Walker not been a little free with his boot and stayed out of jail there's a good chance Calderwood would be in the GB team, and that would have been a f*cking weak kneed, flailing arms disaster.

Pryce isn't going to get 7 or 8 years. If I was a betting man I'd say he'll get 1 year tops for it. The hearing for his sentencing should have been yesterday actually but it's been put back to 4th December. He won't get called up though, or at least I very, very much doubt he will. He's more likely to have made the right centre spot than Walker. Both are weaker defensively than Connolly will be when he's 50 (next year) but both would have given Wing more work to do.

ali

Bench
Agree with most of your sentiments. Walker and Pryce are both talented but still have their flaws.

Bailey is the best forward prospect I have seen either side of the globe in the last 2 years. By 2005 when him and Gareth Hock from Wigan have matured, add them to this current British pack, and they will be argueably stronger than a full strength Aussie pack. All they need now is to develop some backs and halves. I think the halves are on the way, backs are still a way off. 1 or 2 like Richie Mathers have caught my eye, but overall they aren't produced players as athletic as a Mark Gasnier or Luke Lewis.