What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V england

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm on a camp next sunday morning. The D*cks are bringing a Radio to listen to the Yawnyawn so I figure it's an early waking time for me!

ali

Bench
Any anyone who thought the atmosphere was good in Wigan, just wait for Hull. A full KC stadium for a Test match is going to be quite incredable.

I don't envy Tim Mander.

socksie

Juniors
my eagle eye said:
At the risk of sounding like a fool, I actually thought Britian were the better team for the majority of the match and deserved to win.

yeah i've gotta agree with you there
the pass that went behind horne i think it was, was a deadset try... but wasnt... if you get my drift

they played better for a majority of the game and being one man down, did particularly well and played as though they had 13 men on the field

it didnt help that sean long missed 2 easy kicks but the entire team put up a fight and really challenged the aussies which was good to see

Dover

Juniors
Hey guys, my first post in this section - Something i want to harp about, but I'll get to that in a sec

A lot of you have mentioned that it would have been different with 13v13.
I think GB benefited from the send off. Don't get me wrong, Morely is a great player and GB certainly missed him, but GB did play very well without him. My point is that the ref went very light towards GB throughout the game (which may have been mentioned) - such as Markers lining up straight, creeping up in defence, Crockers sin-bin. He would have been a lot more strict (I hope) with 13v13

ANYWAY - MY COMPLAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been watching these internationals for about 20 yrs now. One thing has never changed - THE CRAPPY.... HOPELESSLY BIASSED ENGLISH COMMENTATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know they do ESL, but they are almost as bad as the Australian Rugby Commentators (Bray, Buddha etc - they suck!!!!!)

I hate listening to the one-sided commentry on these tours and would probably prefer Voss or Rabs calling it from a TV sceen then listen to their dribble - this has bothered me for years - nice to get it off my chest.

Perhaps you English guys feel the same way about Aussie commentary when u come here???? Fatty is pretty biased, but the others seem pretty good - I mean the ESL guys were always talking about what 'WE' (referring to GB) had to do to win - What 'WE' were doing wrong etc
Not to mention the rest of it

My 2 cents - Anyone else feel the same???? English guys - your thoughts??? I'm not looking for a flame war here, just my thoughts.

Cheers

Parraren

Bench
Dover said:
I have been watching these internationals for about 20 yrs now. One thing has never changed - THE CRAPPY.... HOPELESSLY BIASSED ENGLISH COMMENTATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think one of the commentators was blatantly biased, the stupid one with the deep voice that was always saying 'we' & 'us', but the other guy was ok. I actually quite enjoyed listening to them call the game from 'their' perspective, even if it was a little biased. It just shows that they're passionate about RL in Britain and that can only be a good thing.

But how good was it when Lockyer dived over for that match winning try, you could totally sense the pain of dissapointment in their voices :lol:

Moffo

Referee
i dont mind hemmings and stephenson...sure, they can jibber, but so can most commentators out there

Especially with the game in England, you need pommie commentators. Aussie commentators just wouldn't have the same feel

I envy those who were at the game today!

What does Hull look like?? I know its a new stadium, i think ive seen it once but wouldnt mind a refresher if a pom wouldn't mind :D

Cheers,
Moffo

JasonE

Bench
Moffo, the new stadium in Hull is amazing and the intimidating atmosphere next week will make Suncorp Stadium look and sound like an afternoon tea party.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
What can i say??, im absoultely speechless & in cloud 9...What i witnessed this morning was one of the best games of RL i've seen, it had skill, passion, controversy, Brillance everything.

After watching Onion for the last month and seeing this game this morning i have a feeling many of the Union teams would be so embarrased by what these legitimate Athletes in RL showed.

Now let's cut to the chase...if Morley isn't sent off GB win!!, who ever thinks that GB weren't already fired up before Morley was sent off has rocks in there head....if anyone actually wen't back and watched the replay it was because there was too more passion from him that made him do his stupid mistake,

That must be the stupidist thing i heard that with the Morley sending off it actually fired GB up :roll: :roll: , they haven't won a series for 30 f**king years....of course they would have been fired up regardless!!,

Morley didn't deserve to get sent off either!!, Kearns got straight back to his feet & played the full game!!, the tackle IMO wasn't as bad as it's made out...believe me if it conected properly Kearns head would be in Ireland now!!, no matter what it was still a terrible decision by Morley & i must admit i did feel sorry for him when he was in the sheds with his head in his hands....that's what Passion is!!, Morley wouldn't have set out to destroy Kearns he just wanted to put on a big hit to put the Aussies under enourmous pressure early.

Keith Senior, his performance tonight was simply sensational!!, im a huge Parramatta fan & Jamie Lyon fan but i have to say that after watching Seniors skills on display tonight he is the best centre in the world & only getting better!!, people have said he had a few "brain explosions" Bullshit!!, it was just incompetence by the players backing up with spoiled the chances...if Radlinski catches the ball he scores....if Horne doesn't overrun Senior he scores...simple as that.

Keith Senior should now be regarded as the centre in the game after that display.

Sean Long, Sean has come under huge fire by many people on the forums i've viewed since the game & imo it is very much unwarrented!!

Sure he made a few defensive errors but so did Sculthorpe!!, No one doesn't seem to want to talk about the try's he set up & how dangerous he looked when running the ball.

Sean Long was never selected for his kicking game....that should have been Sculthorpe's then Deacons responsibiltiy!!, Sean Long was selected for his attacking options which i dare i say provided tonight!!, he looked dangerous on many occasions & the Australians did seem to hand off him quite abit!, i think his performance was very good & i believe the critisism he is getting is tragic considering the try's he did set up!!.

Stuart Fielden & Jamie Peacock, both these players where inspirational tonight, they made good yards, defended well & really outplayed there counterparts in my view...they are definately world class forwards too.

Mike Forshaw, defensively good, attcking wise??....terrible!!, he never posed a threat & more often then not only made hit ups with 2 or 3 metres gained....he should be dropped & the oppurtunity given to a younger block....he isn't in the same League as his other forwards.

Darren Lockyer, brillant!!...the best Rugby League player in the world & really showed tonight even though not the best game from him he was the difference between the 2 sides....a hand in 2 try's & scored one himself....i find it amazing how people have got the hide to question his performance from a dropped ball which would have been very hard to have gathered.

Darren Lockyer doesn't have to resort to bloody banana kicks.....he just runs the ball and set ups himself & players for try's with an amazing gift of making things look so easy when in reality extrememly complicated!!, he also made some brillant try saving tackles tonight which no one has seemed to mention.

Brett Kimmorley, Brillant!!, im not a fan of the little Umpa Lumpa and didn't want him selected but i've eaten my words and that performance was fantastic!!, Kimmorley should & will retain his spot for the remaining 2 tests.

Craig Wing, Brillant also and has adapted to this position very well in attack, he has the potential to be the most versatile player ever.

Willie Mason, No comment!!

Phill Graham, No comment!!

Great Britan have the potential to win this series regardless of the first game even though they would be kicking themselves how they lost it regardless of only having 12 men, David Waite has too make some serious selection changes to the bench in order for them to be an asset to the side rather then a hinderence.

To those idiots who actually think Union is a better spectacle then League....go & drink a dozen beers and then drive home you complete bunch of Dildos....and you wonder why Union has always tried to destroy League....i wonder :roll:

JasonE

Bench
Agree Ron
Without wanting to turn this into another RL v RU thread,
Comparing last nights Yawnion game v the league test says it all for me, the yawnion was slow, stop start and boring played by turds with little or no skill,
the league was fast, intense, skilful, brave and exciting it's just amazing which game will get all the media acclaim.

aqua_duck

Coach
JasonE said:
Agree Ron
Without wanting to turn this into another RL v RU thread,
Comparing last nights Yawnion game v the league test says it all for me, the yawnion was slow, stop start and boring played by turds with little or no skill,
the league was fast, intense, skilful, brave and exciting it's just amazing which game will get all the media acclaim.
Thats the biggest load of bullocks I've heard, in the league you got the 2 best teams in the world, ofcourse its going to be entertaining, in Union you gotAustralia V Scotland, I mean the wallabies and scotland are boring teams, however the NZ/SA game was pretty good, also its not as exciting because Union players can actually defend.
Anyways just on the game, I agree with much of what was said. Bailey was clearly the weakest link, he's terrible, you got to wonder how much influence ando has in his selection, I'd say 80%. Mason again did absolutely nothing, as he usually does, I cant work out for the world of me hwo he keeps getting picked, CLinton deserves a chance. I thought Webcke was outstanding for most of the night except for a little period in the 2nd half where he caught a dose of the droppsies from mason, but apart from that he was inspirational. I thought Buderus played very well, he was so much better than Terry Newton its not funny, I thought his defence was superb, which was something that the pommy commentators noted. Just on the two Pommy commentators, it was funny how many times they disagreed with each other. I can't stand Eddie Hemmings, he's so bias its not funnyI think the stevenson dude is not bad.
Next week I'd go with a team of
1.Lockyer
2.Minicheillo
3.Girdler-if fit
4.Lewis
5.Hegarty
6.Gower
7.Noddy
8.Kearns
9.Buderus
10.Webcke
11.Simpson
12.Fitzgibbon
13.Ricketson

14.Wing
15.Civoneciva
16.Crocker
17.Waterhouse

How many Union matches at this World Cup have had 4 lead changes in the last 12 minutes, AD?

Says it all really, doesn't it? Is the actual penalty for having a close game in Union to be sent home? Was the Melbourne crowd booing teams last night for taking soft options time and time again?

Anyway, good to see France get up by 37 and then shut down for the week. When are those close matches coming, by the way?

yakstorm

First Grade
JasonE said:
Moffo, the new stadium in Hull is amazing and the intimidating atmosphere next week will make Suncorp Stadium look and sound like an afternoon tea party.

Yes from what I've been told from people who have been to Hull games, their fans will be foaming at the mouth, Mander will possibly think it is raining, even if it is a clear sky.

I hope from this match, GB lead what changes they need 2 make to win. McDermott even though was only on for 10 minutes, made 2 tackles and missed 1. He is too old and lets face it, isn't the impact player the British need off the bench.

Long, I'm not sure, do you stick with him and hope his form returns? or go with someone like McGuire who performed so well with England A? Or again start with Deacon and bring Long in later.

Connolly, whilst a tackling machine, unfortunately has lost his speed, GB should bring in Gleeson there.

Mango

Juniors
I thought the League attempt at an international match was well below par. Australia sent it's third 13 to play the Poms best 12. plenty of dropped ball, no real skills shown in the contest for the restart from tackle, try or infringement. Scores were close but that was due to lack of either side to capitalise on the ample weaknesses of the opposition. Any of the quater finalists at the RWC would have put 50 points on either of the league outfits. I know truth is hard to swallow but until you face facts you will not get out of the north of England or a couple of cities in OZ. :idea: :twisted:

Didn't see the game this morning? How many Aussies do you think are out?

:lol:

You'll note that New Zealand had their second string side too.

:lol:

Stevo_G

Juniors
league test match has been better than any of the rwc matches held it had everything, yeah their were mistakes but did u watch the wannabies play on sat night they were shite how many passes have they dropped this world cup
have to face it it was way more entertining than the bore fest world cup

i highly doubt scotland or wales or aus would put 50 points against aus or gb

Auckland4ever

Juniors
AAAAAAAAARGH! I taped the game this morning, but only the first half & 5 mins of the second came out. Must of been a power cut or something.
What I saw was great, especially after Morelys send off looking like it was going to kill any chance GB had. They fought their guts out. This Australian side looks to be about the most beatable I can ever remember.
Heres hoping the 3rd test is the decider. What I'd give for a Kiwis v Kangaroos test series for a change.

Why are so many of you guys so obsessed with what other people(union fans especially) think of RL? Most people dont care about the whole league v union debate.

deluded pom?

Coach
yakstorm said:
JasonE said:

Yes from what I've been told from people who have been to Hull games, their fans will be foaming at the mouth, Mander will possibly think it is raining, even if it is a clear sky.

Come on we aren`t that bad .Are we ????