What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V Sri Lanka 2nd ODI.

Macca

Coach
I would rather credit Vaas with a great last over, than blame Symo. A great game. We'll get em next time.

SirShire

First Grade
Ah well. And why was Clarke opening? If Gilly was there I doubt that we would of lost considering his SR and the fact that the opening 5 overs were extremely slow in the RR.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A great game to watch, and it will be a memorable game.

Ricky Ponting's run out, and Andrew Symonds being recalled by the umpire, when is the last time we saw that ?

One run win to Sri Lanka, congratulations to SL, a great game to watch.

ash the bash

Juniors
Crap my head is hurting after this match :evil:
well credit to vaas, although syms could have maybe done a tad better, myabe sneak a single instead of the big one :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
Looks like Clarke's omission from the test squad was for his own good so far :lol:

Although his bowling perfromance deserves a :clap: :clap:

wittyfan

Referee
Having Clarke open instead of Gilchrist is where Australia lost the game. I really don't know why they did that, perhaps Gilchrist was tired? :?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They are looking at giving Gilly a rest.

Its hard to come off the field after keeping for 4 hours, then having to pad up and blast a quick 50 runs.

Every laughed when Mark Waugh opened the batting, and look how sucessful he was.

I guess they were just looking at different options.

I think Clarkey can do it and I hope he gets another chance.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ozbash said:
sack the coach :lol:

recall waugh :p

bring back warnie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Oz, you're the only one who hasn't congratulated Sri Lanka on thier win.

Don't you think they deserve some credit.