What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V Sri Lanka 2nd ODI.

Well done Sri Lanka :D
I would like to see them win the next game Love seeing the OZ cricket team lose. :p
But Id say you OZ's will win the next game easyily.
good luck

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Only eight needed off the last over?

Eight?

Eight?

Eight?

Pollock could have done that with his eyes closed, and one arm tied behind his back!

Doctor

Bench
Sri Lanka won the match in the last over thanks to a scrambling effort from Vaas to restrict Australia so successfully. I pay a lot of credit to Vaas for his ability to bowl well under pressure.

As for the altered umpire's decision:
Marvan Attapattu said this:

The [Symonds lbw] decision was made and the umpires decided to call him back and they asked me whether I had a problem with that. Our guys knew it was a wrong decision and we didn't know what to do but when they asked him I was happy to call him back. It's only a game, after all, and we have to play the game in the right spirit. I said no because we all make mistakes and it was clearly a mistake. I don't see anything wrong in that."

As an umpire, I must admit that I've never considered reversing an LBW - I may have thought about it, but would never do it because it may be seen as a reaction to the batsman's own reaction.
But all the parties seemed to agree that it came off the bat, technically the correct decision was made....it just took an extended time to make the correct decision.

It's a strange one, clearly not an orthodox piece of umpiring, but to his credit the mistake was fixed and the correct decision made - that is afterall what umpires set out to achieve.

El Diablo

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:

Eight?

Eight?

Eight?

Pollock could have done that with his eyes closed, and one arm tied behind his back!

Really, Eeeeen?

In the 1st one dayer he was struggling to get bat on ball and ended up with 5 off 11 balls.

You're a smart cookie, Eeeeeen.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I honestly thought Clarke opening the batting was a spur of the moment thing.
I do not think it was planned at the beginning of the game.
He took 5 for, and I got the impression Ricky thought it would be Clarke's day, so sent him out. Did not work, but I hardly think the order in which we batted lost us the game. With 1 over to go we had every chance, but Vaas bowled a match winning over, kudos to him, I have always rated him as a bowler , I love a good lefty.

OzBash, we are not the All Blacks mate, no need for mass changes after a loss. :shock:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Really, Eeeeen?

In the 1st one dayer he was struggling to get bat on ball and ended up with 5 off 11 balls.

I prefer being labelled a sandwich.

I see Bevan was protecting his average, too.

El Diablo

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:
Really, Eeeeen?

I prefer being labelled a sandwich.

I see Bevan was protecting his average, too.

:iwstupid:

SirShire

First Grade
Protecting his average? He put in for the team and he wasnt trying to concentrate on his average. He was batting with a SR of over 100.

lolesi

First Grade
IanRitchie said:

Eight?

Eight?

Eight?

oi oi.. guys you have to give him credit...
when you have bowlers like mills and co bowling, our mothers could hit 6's
when the likes of vaas and murali are bowling the last over, good luck to any batsman i say.
Great last over by vaas, bad luck to aus, we seemed to casual tonight, and hopefully we can work on that and not get bogged down to easily, looking forward to the 3rd one dayer!!

Anonymous

Juniors
IanRitchie said:

Eight?

Eight?

Eight?

Whos Pollock? One of those sheep shaggers that are so over-rated?