What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia won't win 2022 WC

Tony Kemp doing his job is bullying these guys? How exactly? What a load of sheep shit, Ernest. Papali'i was pursued by Meninga even more, and he was able to change his mind. Taumalolo was pursued by QLD as well. Every post I've ever seen by you is critical of NZ RL, when we're the country who has kept international Rugby League alive for the past 17 years. 4 tournament wins while no other team has been able to compete with Aus since the 70s. The game owes NZ a great debt of gratitude.

Matua

Bench
Lol. You have nothing. No facts, no logic. According to wikipedia Hurrell arrived in NZ in 2009 so he was already 17 probably 18. Name one player denied choosing the nation they wanted to play for. Was Victor Radley denied choosing who he played for? What about players who are only eligible for one nation rather than multiple? How is that even equitable? I stand by what I said about Kemp. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons Taumalolo ditched NZ so readily was due to the way he was bullied by Kemp.
Mate you're on the troll as evidenced by the fact you wont answer direct questions asked of you.

Is Hurrell a nationality player of is he a heritage player?

We don't know what players have been denied choosing the nation they want to play for by the Origin rule. Mulitalo is a pointer that some of the PI heritage players may want to play for the team of their NZ heritage.

Players only eligible for one nation are irrelevant to this discussion, you're just throwing anything against the wall and hoping it sticks now.

You're standing by an unfounded claim because a player switched to Tonga 4 years after Kemp stopped working in his role for NZRL. Bahaha.

Mate you're on the troll as evidenced by the fact you wont answer direct questions asked of you.

Is Hurrell a nationality player of is he a heritage player?

We don't know what players have been denied choosing the nation they want to play for by the Origin rule. Mulitalo is a pointer that some of the PI heritage players may want to play for the team of their NZ heritage.

Players only eligible for one nation are irrelevant to this discussion, you're just throwing anything against the wall and hoping it sticks now.

You're standing by an unfounded claim because a player switched to Tonga 4 years after Kemp stopped working in his role for NZRL. Bahaha.
Mulitalo is a pointer to the lack of diversity and inclusion (and borderline racism) in Aus league, and perhaps in wider society as a whole. I asked you to name a player denied representing his country of choice, but you appear to not be able to name even one. You could actually have cited Mulitalo as an example, because even if he did have a genuine desire to represent Aus, being banned from Origin could be viewed as so discouraging and degrading to his confidence and sense of belonging that the choice become impossible.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Mulitalo is a pointer to the lack of diversity and inclusion (and borderline racism) in Aus league, and perhaps in wider society as a whole. I asked you to name a player denied representing his country of choice, but you appear to not be able to name even one. You could actually have cited Mulitalo as an example, because even if he did have a genuine desire to represent Aus, being banned from Origin could be viewed as so discouraging and degrading to his confidence and sense of belonging that the choice become impossible.
FFS did you actually see the listed teams in Origin? In the Panthers? in teams right across the NRL?
Seems to be diversity and plenty of players that are not white Anglo-Celtic (which you seem to be alluding to) included in the teams ON MERIT.

FFS did you actually see the listed teams in Origin? In the Panthers? in teams right across the NRL?
Seems to be diversity and plenty of players that are not white Anglo-Celtic (which you seem to be alluding to) included in the teams ON MERIT.
There is nothing diverse or inclusionary about a arbitrary discriminatory rule that prevents immigrants to Aus from fully participating in society.

Matua

Bench
Seriously bro, what on earth are you on about? Mulitalo just isn't eligible, it has nothing to do with diversity and inclusion or racism.

If you honestly feel that it is then you'd be supporting my comments because the exclusion of NZers would more explicitly meet those words than Mulitlao missing out based on when he moved to Oz.

I did cite Mulitalo, noting that once the Origin option was gone he chose NZ over Samoa, an option not available to him if he was eligible and wanted to play Origin. As for other players how do we know when the option isn't available? I've chatted with members of Ponga's family and they've stated he would have played for NZ and Qld if he could. It's highly likely Tamou would have as well.

So Hurrell, nationality or heritage?

Seriously bro, what on earth are you on about? Mulitalo just isn't eligible, it has nothing to do with diversity and inclusion or racism.

If you honestly feel that it is then you'd be supporting my comments because the exclusion of NZers would more explicitly meet those words than Mulitlao missing out based on when he moved to Oz.

I did cite Mulitalo, noting that once the Origin option was gone he chose NZ over Samoa, an option not available to him if he was eligible and wanted to play Origin. As for other players how do we know when the option isn't available? I've chatted with members of Ponga's family and they've stated he would have played for NZ and Qld if he could. It's highly likely Tamou would have as well.

So Hurrell, nationality or heritage?
Mulitalo isn't eligible for Origin because of an arbitrary DISCRIMINATORY rule that applies to immigrants. What part of that do you not understand? Who have you spoken to? Name names otherwise you're full of it.

RedVee_8

Juniors
There is nothing diverse or inclusionary about a arbitrary discriminatory rule that prevents immigrants to Aus from fully participating in society.
There are qualification and rules around many things in life.
Can I migrate to England and expect to get a pension and access to the NHS just by asking?
Can I go to Ireland or Mauritius and demand a passport because my heritage comes from there. No, because I don’t qualify.
That isn’t discriminatory against me.

Origin means (one def) the place you are from. In ARL terms, NSW or Qld. If a Tasmanian kid migrated to NSW at 17 and becomes a NRL star, guess what? He can’t play Origin for NSW. He doesn’t qualify.
He can play for Australia though. If he was Aboriginal he could play for the Indigenous AllStars. He qualifies.

You are looking to be outraged where there is no cause to be.

Matua

Bench
Mulitalo isn't eligible for Origin because of an arbitrary DISCRIMINATORY rule that applies to immigrants. What part of that do you not understand? Who have you spoken to? Name names otherwise you're full of it.
You are arguing here against an arbitrary rule that applies to immigrants, yet you're defending an even more arbitrary rule that discriminates. What part of that do you not understand?

And unsurprisingly yet again you've avoided answering any direct questions.

I'm not doxing anyone, I know some of Ponga's extended whanau because I used to live in Palmy (which incidentally was the same time he was living there).

You are arguing here against an arbitrary rule that applies to immigrants, yet you're defending an even more arbitrary rule that discriminates. What part of that do you not understand?

And unsurprisingly yet again you've avoided answering any direct questions.

I'm not doxing anyone, I know some of Ponga's extended whanau because I used to live in Palmy (which incidentally was the same time he was living there).

Which of your questions do you imagine I've not adequately answered?

There is no discrimination against Kiwis wanting to play origin, other than the arbitrary DISCRIMINATORY origin eligibility rules, which apply to Kiwis and non Kiwis alike. So I actually agree with you, Kiwis should not be banned from qualifying for origin because they did not arrive in Aus on time.

There are qualification and rules around many things in life.
Can I migrate to England and expect to get a pension and access to the NHS just by asking?
Can I go to Ireland or Mauritius and demand a passport because my heritage comes from there. No, because I don’t qualify.
That isn’t discriminatory against me.

Origin means (one def) the place you are from. In ARL terms, NSW or Qld. If a Tasmanian kid migrated to NSW at 17 and becomes a NRL star, guess what? He can’t play Origin for NSW. He doesn’t qualify.
He can play for Australia though. If he was Aboriginal he could play for the Indigenous AllStars. He qualifies.

You are looking to be outraged where there is no cause to be.
Mulitalo doesn't qualify because of an arbitrary DISCRIMINATORY rule. These convoluted - make them up as you go along- mickey mouse rules should be an embarrassment to any thinking Ocker. And I don't know where you think you are going with that Eng-Ire-Mau analogy. You are confusing nationality/citizenship with eligibility to play in a sporting event. Apparently you would be happy for the rules to be modified to allow someone like Victor Radley, who would rather play for the Poms than either NSW or the country he was born and raised in, to play origin, but exclude someone who might not have been born in NSW but could have lived there for many years and might be an actual genuine passionate NSWelshman! Immigrants are often especially passionate for their new country (e.g. Koroibete in union). Why should they then not be allowed to fully participate in society?

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
You may as well name them - the obvious one is Nathan Fien but he's not PI so doesn't quite suit the narrative. I'd quite like to see who you view as a NZer or not.

I assume it wasn't made up specifically to disadvantage Kiwis yet it does, you can keep denying it all you want but it's true.

Weird to harp on about diversity and inclusion when the rule is favouring some Polynesians over other Polynesians. Furthermore, part of the diversity in modern Australia is provided by NZers (and the Brits).

Kiwis have played Origin, they just have to also be Australians (or PIs ) to do it. And at any rate, no one is suggesting that "non-Ockers" be selected. NZers would fall under the same eligibility criteria as everyone else, just like the PI players.

Your logic is not logic it is merely a justification of your beliefs. It's frankly quite silly to suggest that a NZer can't be a NSWelshman or Qlder - Origin enthusiasts are idiots if that's what they believe.

Most NZers aren't going to be eligible for Origin anyway*, but it would allow players of NZ heritage the option to choose NZ if they wanted to - because despite the implication the PIs don't have a mortgage on wanting to represent their heritage and origin.

*Although I have heard of one school/club who tried to entice a young player and his family over to Oz before he met the cut-off age.
It’s not rocket science.
Test them for traces of sheep shit.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Which of your questions do you imagine I've not adequately answered?

There is no discrimination against Kiwis wanting to play origin, other than the arbitrary DISCRIMINATORY origin eligibility rules, which apply to Kiwis and non Kiwis alike. So I actually agree with you, Kiwis should not be banned from qualifying for origin because they did not arrive in Aus on time.

Mulitalo doesn't qualify because of an arbitrary DISCRIMINATORY rule. These convoluted - make them up as you go along- mickey mouse rules should be an embarrassment to any thinking Ocker. And I don't know where you think you are going with that Eng-Ire-Mau analogy. You are confusing nationality/citizenship with eligibility to play in a sporting event. Apparently you would be happy for the rules to be modified to allow someone like Victor Radley, who would rather play for the Poms than either NSW or the country he was born and raised in, to play origin, but exclude someone who might not have been born in NSW but could have lived there for many years and might be an actual genuine passionate NSWelshman! Immigrants are often especially passionate for their new country (e.g. Koroibete in union). Why should they then not be allowed to fully participate in society?
You are talking as if the rule is there to stop migrants from the Islands. It is not, it applies equally to Australians and has been the same since 2012.
IMO it was brought in to stop farcical situations like Inglis playing for Qld.

I am not 100% happy with its affect on Australians from non-NRL States, it seems odd that you can be a Kangaroo rep but not eligible for NSW or Qld.

But I am happy that it is a clear, straightforward rule and that it has been in place for a decade.

PS: It now occurs to me that you may be talking about the Tier 1 / Tier 2 rule. I am not.

Clarkent

Juniors
3 years ago? I don’t know. Not relevant
It is relevant lol the spine you had for GB is way better than the one England has now. Lomax/Hastings/Widdop/Hodgson. That spine lost to Tonga and PNG and it wasn't even close. That team we're all English players. And most of them are playing for England at the world cup. The Kiwis and Kangaroos have a very strong spine. England not so sure. They seem to have gone worse than the last world cup

You are talking as if the rule is there to stop migrants from the Islands. It is not, it applies equally to Australians and has been the same since 2012.
IMO it was brought in to stop farcical situations like Inglis playing for Qld.

I am not 100% happy with its affect on Australians from non-NRL States, it seems odd that you can be a Kangaroo rep but not eligible for NSW or Qld.

But I am happy that it is a clear, straightforward rule and that it has been in place for a decade.

PS: It now occurs to me that you may be talking about the Tier 1 / Tier 2 rule. I am not.
why do you think Inglis playing for Qld is farcical? Are you a NSW supporter?! If he was actually eligible for both NSW and Qld at the time and preferred to play for Qld shouldn't that be his personal choice?

RedVee_8

Juniors
why do you think Inglis playing for Qld is farcical? Are you a NSW supporter?! If he was actually eligible for both NSW and Qld at the time and preferred to play for Qld shouldn't that be his personal choice?
It was more that the NSW boss was asleep at the wheel and let it slip through. Inglis was from near Macksville NSW and did his high school in Newcastle NSW.
All his footy until being picked up by the Melbourne Storm system was in NSW. He was placed at Brisbane Norths then.

Latest posts