What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Rugby League Commission buys iconic hotel and restaurant

Not sure a stadium that’s not being used is giving much annual roi. there’d be uproar in gosford if they ever tried to sell it for development and it’s reaching an age where it probably needs some serious cash spending on it. this one is a pass lol
My theory is it might get used more, ie the NRL takes the area more seriously if they own the ground. Also, seaside land always goes up in value, doesn’t it? They merely have to sell it off. The uproar from the community will be the new owner’s problem

Perth Red

Post Whore
My theory is it might get used more, ie the NRL takes the area more seriously if they own the ground. Also, seaside land always goes up in value, doesn’t it? They merely have to sell it off. The uproar from the community will be the new owner’s problem
Well no as they’d have to get council to change zone usage and they won’t agree as the public outcry would be huge. how will it get used more unless the nrl paid clubs to play there? which kind of defeats the point.

Well no as they’d have to get council to change zone usage and they won’t agree as the public outcry would be huge. how will it get used more unless the nrl paid clubs to play there? which kind of defeats the point.
So you can’t imagine councils taking bags of money from developers salivating over water frontage? Councils will take the community bruises for cash any day. Anyway, I still think water frontage is a sound investment regardless the zoning. It’s never gonna drop in value.

JamesRustle

First Grade
So you can’t imagine councils taking bags of money from developers salivating over water frontage? Councils will take the community bruises for cash any day. Anyway, I still think water frontage is a sound investment regardless the zoning. It’s never gonna drop in value.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

Wb1234

Referee
so who is going to run it? A management company? The NRL?

The fact that one operator can get 10% out of a place, esp a restaurant, doesn’t mean someone else will.

And will people who are not from ipswich want to stay in the Alan Langer Room etc. they need to be super careful, you dont want alienate the vast majority of people who arent NRL tragics. If im visiting brisbane i probably might want to stay in the city, or Southbank

there a bunch of investments available that will get you 6%+ for doing SFA if you have the money. Office or Bunnings or Shopping precinct property trusts.
There’s a management agreement in place with the current owners

ten percent is an excellent yield. And of course as covid goes away the income will rise