What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Schoolboys

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Not sure where to post this, but can someone tell me which clubs these players are contracted to

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/assrl.php
2013 AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLBOYS TEAM ANNOUNCED
1 NSWCCC Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Patrician Brothers College Blacktown
2 NSWCHS Sione Mata’utia Hunter Sports High School
3 NSWCHS Euan Aitken Illawarra Sports High School
4 QLD Marion Seve Keebra Park State High School
5 NSWCHS Nathan Davis James Busby High School
6 QLD Jayden Nikorima Wavell State High School
7 NSWCHS Jackson Hastings Illawarra Sports High School
8 NSWCHS Vincent Leuluai Sarah Redfern High School
9 QLD Jenan Wedderburn-Parrish Australian Industry Trade College
10 QLD George Fai Marsden State High School
11 NSWCHS Royce Hunt Bass High School
12 NSWCCC Tyrell Fuimaono Patrician Brothers College Blacktown
13 NSWCCC Cheyne Whitelaw Marcellin College Randwick
14 NSWCIS Joey Lussick Newington College
15 NSWCHS Thomas Freebairn Illawarra Sports High School
16 NSWCHS Willis Meehan Matraville Sports High School
17 QLD Lamar Manuel-Liolevave Keebra Park State High School

NSWCHS won the final 26-22 against QLD, with Jackson Hastings scoring the winning try in the last 30 seconds.

Son of Minto

Bench
1 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (PANTHERS)
2 Sione Mata’utia (KNIGHTS)
3 Euan Aitken (DRAGONS)
4 Marion Seve (???)
5 Nathan Davis (EELS)
6 Jayden Nikorima (BRONCOS)
7 Jackson Hastings (DRAGONS)
8 Vincent Leuluai (ROOSTERS)
9 Jenan Wedderburn-Parrish (???)
10 George Fai (???)
11 Royce Hunt (BULLDOGS)
12 Tyrell Fuimaono (EELS)
13 Cheyne Whitelaw (RABBITOHS)

14 Joey Lussick (EELS)
15 Thomas Freebairn (DRAGONS)
16 Willis Meehan (ROOSTERS)
17 Lamar Manuel-Liolevave (???)

Think theyre all correct.

Not to sure on some of the Qld boys. Liolevave - Bulldogs maybe like his brother?

DWZ, Aitken, Hastings, Whitelaw and Meehan have all played Holden Cup for their teams so far this year.

Delboy

First Grade
guess some clubs don't spend money on junior league, just spend it on other clubs players, seems to work

hutch

First Grade
First time I have seen a player from a GPS school (newington college) in there for a while!

super_coach

First Grade
First time I have seen a player from a GPS school (newington college) in there for a while!

Small bit in todays SMH that he has been picked for both the Australian school boys Rugby and League team. Never known that to happen before,he is going to have to make a choice. The way the Eels are going he may go to rugby!!!!!!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Also good to see someone from James Busby High, my old school make the side. Can't ever remember us having any Aussie School boy reps.

MountainMan

Juniors
Also good to see someone from James Busby High, my old school make the side. Can't ever remember us having any Aussie School boy reps.
Think he may be the first? a few NYC players came from that school in recent years..most of the rugby league talent in that area attend neighbour school and former school R/L powerhouse Ashcroft High.

hutch

First Grade
Small bit in todays SMH that he has been picked for both the Australian school boys Rugby and League team. Never known that to happen before,he is going to have to make a choice. The way the Eels are going he may go to rugby!!!!!!

So has he ever actually played footy for his school? Didn't think any GPS schools played rugby league since riverview did a few years back.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak was picked despite missing most of the National Championships with concussion. Selectors must have decided on him before the tournament.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Think he may be the first? a few NYC players came from that school in recent years..most of the rugby league talent in that area attend neighbour school and former school R/L powerhouse Ashcroft High.

Yeah Ashcroft were always the stronger school and I've been out of the place for 12 years now. Area seemed to weaken in league as whole for a while there tho. Hoxton Park had a decent side along with us around 2000 with plenty of the parra junior reps littered amongst our teams.

Good to see a young Valley Boy gaining selection.

magpie4ever

First Grade
So has he ever actually played footy for his school? Didn't think any GPS schools played rugby league since riverview did a few years back.

No, only plays rugby for Newington but played SG Ball for Parra pre the start of the GPS union comp.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak was picked despite missing most of the National Championships with concussion. Selectors must have decided on him before the tournament.

Undoubtedly, I would say his form in the U18s origin (plus NYC) would have swayed the selectors.

MountainMan

Juniors
Yeah Ashcroft were always the stronger school and I've been out of the place for 12 years now. Area seemed to weaken in league as whole for a while there tho. Hoxton Park had a decent side along with us around 2000 with plenty of the parra junior reps littered amongst our teams.

Good to see a young Valley Boy gaining selection.
Actually remember watching a Hoxton Park vs Kiama AAC game prior to a St George game 5-6 years back,Hoxton had the likes of Michael Tiopira,Michael Fualalo,Andrew Pritchard(frankies brother) and a few others who went close to Nrl appearances against the Simms brothers n a few others of Kiama.
Miller high is another?

Latest posts