What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Squad Announced

hellteam

First Grade
If hodges is out........

1. Stewart
2. Slater
3. Tate
4. Inglis
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston

Big Pete

Referee
No Hunt = The correct decision and a benefit for the Broncos.

No need to complain really. Thaiday is the only player that can feel a little bit hard done by but IMO he only has himself to blame.

gurudave

Juniors
Sorry. Hunt is the number 1 fullback in league, in great form and should rightly be livid about being shafted.

Spud

Juniors
I would of picked Hunt. Slater was the best fullback in the NRL in 2008, but I think Hunt is a better player at rep. In Origin Slater was drilled and was average in the Centenery Test. If I was selector I would of taken both though.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
1 Billy Slater
2 Brent Tate
3 Joel Mongahan
4 Greg Inglis
5 Israel Folau
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Johnathan Thurstan
8 Petro Civinacieva
9 Cameron Smith
10 Steve Price
11 Paul Gallen
12 Anthony Watmough
13 Terry Campese

14 Kurt Gidley
15 Anthony Laffranchi
16 Glen Stewart
17 Craig Fitzgibbon

No props on the bench? Are you a NSW selector?

Freddo

Juniors
That is a potent side...a lot of attacking players in Smith, Lockyer, Thurston and Watmough.

No side will stop them even with injuries to key players...

as also commented there are no propson the bench yes im aware of thats.

fitzgibbon can play front row

glenn stewart will play where ever you tell him. watmough can push up in the front row.

along with petro and price im sure the front row is covered with gallen who can drop back and laffranchi

it was a team i picked based on a bit of experience and form.

only thing is what that many attacking options its you are spoiled for choice on who to go with.

who gives a crap if he's played 5 games or 1000..he's in the team and expected to produce levels of football that no1 has seen of him yet..dont say oh he's only played 20 games..who gives a crap..kemp hasnt played that many more games than him and i think he's stood out the whole season whilst channel 9 jump on the 'dirty beard' bandwagon towards the finals series and suddenly he gets picked..even the other manly winger is better than him..
oh well nothin any1 can do, whoever that winger wouldve been instead of williams will play max 2 games the whole world cup..itll be an all qld backline

p.s i was thinking today, what if prince starts at halfback and thurston off the bench

or wat if thurston was halfback and stewart starts at fullback with slater off the bench

1.slater
7.prince
14.thurston

1.stewart
7.thurston
14.slater

what do u guys reckon??
You are probably right about Williams but you sell him short.3 big games lining up against Sailor,The Beast (who was in super form) and Quinn.
Gidley is better value than Slater off the bench.Stewart is the safer option with Slater as back up.

Latest posts