What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Team - Game 6

lockyno1

Post Whore
sanchez moreno said:
who else would play backup hooker?

No-one, if berrigan is out which he is not anyway, i would not play anyone as a backup hooker on the bench.

jc155776

Coach
I dont know why everyone is so cut up about Tupou playing. He played great in the last game against GB making good runs and a few breaks and offloads. Played very good for the Roosters all year as well.

Would have liked to see Hayne get a run on the wing instead of Tate.

Kaufusi is the kind of player that will come on and be devastating against the small GB forwards.

I honestly think this team highlights 2 things.

1 - The embarrassing amount of backline talent in the Aussie Ranks
2 - The alarmingly shallow depth of forward talent in the Aussie Ranks.

We should still win, but if we lose it'll be because of #2.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Tupou :roll: FMD.

And Tate is no good on the wing, shouldve gone with Hayne. Why pick him in the squad if he cant get a go? I mean to the Australians its a dead rubber b4 the final, so why not pick some of the players who have hardly had a go.

lockyno1

Post Whore
PARRA_FAN said:
Tupou :roll: FMD.

And Tate is no good on the wing, shouldve gone with Hayne. Why pick him in the squad if he cant get a go? I mean to the Australians its a dead rubber b4 the final, so why not pick some of the players who have hardly had a go.

I know stuart has done it in the past, but you don't just give out test jerseys to anyone. You have to earn them. Whilst Hayne was ok, have you thought that he may have been in the squad for experience alone?

Parra Guru

Coach
That's a big brotherly gesture by the Berrigans. TBH, Since we are a certainty for the final I think they should have given Berro the game off. I wouldn't have minded seeing Hornby off the bench, maybe come on as a spare back in general. Would be good to see Cam Smith get the full 80 mins at hooker.

Sanchez

Coach
Parra Guru said:
That's a big brotherly gesture by the Berrigans. TBH, Since we are a certainty for the final I think they should have given Berro the game off. I wouldn't have minded seeing Hornby off the bench, maybe come on as a spare back in general. Would be good to see Cam Smith get the full 80 mins at hooker.
good idea

Sanchez

Coach
you judging alot of people very quickly today. hornby has had one test after a very good season. he deserves at least 1 more game

lockyno1

Post Whore
No he doesn't. I have seen enough of him at test level. Look he is a great solid first grader, nothing more nothing less. Not a test IMPACT player off the bench. Either berrigan plays or put a extra second rower on the bench.

Godz Illa

Coach
lockyno1 would you please shut the f*ck up already.

Back to the topic, excellent to see the woefully under-performing Mark O'Meley dropped, and Brent Kite rewarded for his fine play so far in the series with a deserved starting position.

Ricky's copped some flak for his selections but this one is spot on

borntoride

Juniors
hornby was the guy who intercepted for the first try, so he did more than most of the team in the first game against GB. He was unlucky not to pick up a try as well, i think you are not giving him credit which he deserves. It will be interesting to see what ryan performs like up against the GB pack.

lockyno1

Post Whore
borntoride said:
hornby was the guy who intercepted for the first try, so he did more than most of the team in the first game against GB. He was unlucky not to pick up a try as well, i think you are not giving him credit which he deserves. It will be interesting to see what ryan performs like up against the GB pack.

Hornby played "solid" but nothing more. He is not the bloke you want to turn to to WIN a match from the bench. He just offers solid play, which works damn well at the dragons as they have so many creative players around him. Australia doesn't really need a 'solid" impact player IMO. That is not a did at Hornby one bit, I have said for a while he is unlucky to not be considered as a fullback for rep sides, but as a halfback, centre, hooker I just don't think he can have enough impact on a test match.

andrew057

First Grade
Enough with the Hornby apologists, any back or half would have intercepted that ball, it was a horrible pass. Hornby was pathetic, his kicking game was bad, alwyas looked out of position and had little to no cohesion with Lockyer.

Charlie124

First Grade
As you could probably guess, im a Cowboys fan so seeing Thursty dropped/"rested" was dissapointing to say the least but I remember watching the GB game with my mates, after yet another hornby f**kup i turned to the mate sitting next to me and with a big grin on my face "....and he NEVER played for Australia again". So for me, hornby playing wasnt all bad, cos now it looks like Thursty has that #7 jersey wrapped up for quite a while to come.

Hindmarsh not up to international standard?? hahahhahaha tell me another one.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
As you could probably guess, im a Cowboys fan so seeing Thursty dropped/"rested" was dissapointing to say the least but I remember watching the GB game with my mates, after yet another hornby f**kup i turned to the mate sitting next to me and with a big grin on my face "....and he NEVER played for Australia again". So for me, hornby playing wasnt all bad, cos now it looks like Thursty has that #7 jersey wrapped up for quite a while to come.

Hindmarsh not up to international standard?? hahahhahaha tell me another one.

umm.. let me see... lockyer shouldn't be the australian five eighth?? :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

bartman

Immortal
This was the game to give Hayne a run instead of Tate on the wing, seeing King is apparently injured. if it doesn't work then Tate or King gets the spot back for the final.

Latest posts