What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Team selections???

ShineDog

Juniors
Was the 23 man Australian team (selected today ) picked on form???
Who do you think should have been selected??

Players selected from top eight teams :
Broncos - 8 players.
Storm - 3 players
Bulldogs - 3 players
Dragons - 2 players
Knights - 0 players
Sea Eagles - 2 players
Eels - 2 players
Raiders - 0 players
=====================

(Other teams) :
Cowboys - 2 players
Roosters - 1 player

Mr Saab

Referee
Needs more Scott Minto and Shane Perry.
Cant believe they were not chosen..especially Perry! He is in form and a GF winning halfback

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
chewme said:
topou out hoffman in

I agree Hoffman should have been there somewhere but Tupou can play prop and Australia seem pretty thin in the front row. Hoffman in for Carroll IMO. Steve Price should have been there aswell, absolute joke he wasn't selected.

ShineDog

Juniors
Where was Reni Maitua??? ...What a player!!!
This guy has the best palm in the game.

Oh yeah,,,Chris Walker must feel unlucky to miss out...hahahaha!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Carroll is not an international player

If the bronx didn't win the GF, he wouldn't be there imo

he just aint that good

gregstar

Referee
Twizzle said:
Carroll is not an international player

If the bronx didn't win the GF, he wouldn't be there imo

he just aint that good
i used to believe that carroll shouldn't play for australia, but the tailend of this season has seen him in sensational form.

hoffman is unlucky.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Beaver quietly retired from Rep footy.

LMAO @ Perry and Minto suggestion.

Thurston and Lockyer should have the gig. Lyon isn't a Manly player yet either.

Nightward

Juniors
Steve Price definately ought to have been in the train-on squad.

Melbourne and Brisbane's forward packs demolished the much more fancied Bulldogs and Dragons. The Storm and Brisbane (along with Price) provided most of those players for Origin duties, which also demonstrated superiority.

I'm not sure where this idea came from that Sam Thaiday is a back-rower who "can play prop" came from. Sam is a prop-forward who has been shifted to the backrow to allow four prop-forwards (Webcke, Civoniceva, Thorn, Thaiday) to be in the run-on squad, with David Stagg also able join the front row if he needs to. Thaiday and Hannant will be duelling with six-shooters for the Number 8 next season.

I think most of the players in the train-on squad are there on form.

I doubt the team will be determined by form, however. I forsee a number of Maroons who deserve their slots not getting it.

Jono078

Referee
parra_panther said:
If Smith doesn't pass fit, Priddis should get his spot.

Well said.

He probably deserves it ahead of Farah. Priddis has been good and for most part of last 4 or so years been just behind Buderus, so he deserves it.

Farah will get his chance in years to come.

Big Mick

Referee
Brent Kite chosen ahead of Steve Price...lmao get your hand off it selectors.

I like how the selectors make out that they will pick Antonio Kaufusi...gets him to chose Australia rather than New Zealand...then he doesn't get picked for Australia.

Jono078 said:
Well said.

He probably deserves it ahead of Farah. Priddis has been good and for most part of last 4 or so years been just behind Buderus, so he deserves it.

Farah will get his chance in years to come.

dont count on that as long as Farah is a tiger i doubt he will get any chance

want proof 8 broncos selected after they won the grand final and last year we had prince and hodgson (i think) and prince only played 1 game