What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

australian true "B" team

EagleDragon

Juniors
If you were to pick another australian team, a B team who would be in it. lets say u cant use anyone who was in or named in the australian world cup squad that includes b stewart, j hodges, m cooper.
Who would u pick?

mozza91

Coach
1-Bowen
2-King
3-Lyon
4-Pomeroy
5-Merrit
6-Mullen
7-Hornby
8-Douglas
9-De Gois
10-Ryles
11-Hindmarsh
12-Paterson
13-Waterhouse
Probably not the B side but I'd be confident of this side beating most teams

Loudstrat

Coach
Good question. :clap:

Problem is the true B team would include those not used in the test 17, so Hodges and Cooper would be my centre pairing.

But you made the rules, so in the spirit of the question:

1) Patton
2) Hayne
3) Lawrence
4) Jennings
5) Robinson
6) Anasta
7) Orford
8) Ryles
9) Farah
10) O'Meley
11) Hindmarsh
12) Mason
13) Johnston

14) Mateo
15) Tongue
16) Thaiday
17) Myles

Light in the backs, but one hell of a forward pack who would probably eat the Kangaroos pack.

Loudstrat

Coach
Cheers Mozza.

Bloody hard task IMHO. Tried to think like a selector, using 2008 rep games, previous rep service and the GF win as a main guide. Really struggled with fullback and the centres.

Smiley

Bench
1. Preston Campbell
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Denan Kemp
6. Braith Anasta
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Chris Heighington
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Ben Hannant
15. Nate Myles
16. Ryan Hoffman
17. Feleti Mateo

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Colin Best
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Denan Kemp
6. Braith Anasta
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah
10. Nate Myles
11. Chris Heighington
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Ben Creagh

14. Peter Wallace
15. Mark O'Meley
16. Luke Douglas
17. Jason Ryles

***I left out players who played for other countries during this world cup

*EDIT*

Last edited:

welshmagpie

Juniors
Jennings & Mateo :crazy:

I know its pretty obvious the RLIF will let them be Australian internationals soon enough :sarcasm:

hutch

First Grade
Jennings & Mateo :crazy:

I know its pretty obvious the RLIF will let them be Australian internationals soon enough :sarcasm:

well the rlif let jennings play for tonga even though his first preference is to play for australia. as for mateo, one would hope he would continue playing for tonga as he has done so for a few years now and helped them qualify for the world cup. players like jennings just played for them to get a game at the world cup.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
as for mateo, one would hope he would continue playing for tonga as he has done so for a few years now and helped them qualify for the world cup. .

didnt mateo say he would only relinquish his tongan heritage if he was guaranteed a blues jersey? if he makes himself availabel for the blues he'll have to make himself availble for the roos as well thus ruling him out of tongan selection (at least for a few years)

Joker's Wild

Coach
didnt mateo say he would only relinquish his tongan heritage if he was guaranteed a blues jersey? if he makes himself availabel for the blues he'll have to make himself availble for the roos as well thus ruling him out of tongan selection (at least for a few years)

Yeah, he will be in a Blues jersey before too long

Latest posts