What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Authorities investigate medical service deal with league star Greg Inglis

Dogs Of War

Coach
The issue I see here is if this is a third party agreement. It looks like souths have arranged this. I'm assuming that this is included in the cap.

Yeah that's really the crux of it. A former Souths director organised the deal. Was the guy a Souths director at that time? I could see it being a TPA if he isn't involved in the club anymore. Not sure where the NRL draws the line.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah that's really the crux of it. A former Souths director organised the deal. Was the guy a Souths director at that time? I could see it being a TPA if he isn't involved in the club anymore. Not sure where the NRL draws the line.

In pencil, they know as well as everyone that 99% of third party deals are club related, it's why the third party deal doesn't go with the player when they transfer to another club.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
The third-party agreement - outside Inglis' salary from the Rabbitohs - was lodged with the NRL and it is understood there is no suggestion of any salary cap breach.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Not surprising.

He's proven himself to be a human being of very low character before

But hey, the game will still celebrate him like a hero.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I thought promo work would be put aside for players who can string full sentences together

BunniesMan

Immortal
A lot of charities invest in brand awareness like many businesses do.

As for the 3rd party issues, if players can get paid by stadiums that have a direct relationship with their clubs and that counts as third party then this is 3rd party.

Complete non issue, typical media beatup.

And even IF there is an issue this is not the Storm scale stuff. Every year we hear about a number of clubs paying fines for minor cap issues. Worst case scenario we might have to pay a fine and that'll be the end of that.

Total nothing story.

Springs

First Grade
If there is anything to learn, don't donate to charities.
The money gets lost in admin and this kind of bullshit and doesn't reach the ones it's intended for.

Thanks for the refresher course Greg.

That's one of the dumbest 'lessons' I've ever heard. What bullshit.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
That's one of the dumbest 'lessons' I've ever heard. What bullshit.

It's not entirely a dumb lesson mate . I've worked for companies big on moral obligations and can tell you first hand I've had to deal with very well known charities who've been " busted" misusing donations .

I'd suggest that people just be cautious when making donations .

kbw

Bench
once again Ingli$ is taking money from a charity without actually doing anything.
The guy is a grub and keeps proving time after time all he loves is the almight $.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think people should stop being naive in expecting 100% of their money will go to on the ground outcomes.

You need to spend money to make money. You need to know about charities to donate them, for them to be well known they need to market themselves. That costs money.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bottom line is this article is an unjustified smear on the character of Greg Inglis. He is without a doubt one of the standout citizens of rugby league. He is an asset to the NRL. We (as in the entire code) are lucky to have him.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Bottom line is this article is an unjustified smear on the character of Greg Inglis. He is without a doubt one of the standout citizens of rugby league. He is an asset to the NRL. We (as in the entire code) are lucky to have him.

:lol: and ditto for Rob Lui hey .

Eion

First Grade
Wan't fifita going to receive about $150k from some indigenous education body with the dodgy doggy deal?

Taxpayers cough up ultimately for this shit, something really suss going on.

Latest posts