What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Authorities investigate medical service deal with league star Greg Inglis

I think people should stop being naive in expecting 100% of their money will go to on the ground outcomes.

You need to spend money to make money. You need to know about charities to donate them, for them to be well known they need to market themselves. That costs money.

Hey bro, can you show us what Inglis does for this charity so we know its not a rort like your membership numbers bump and tax write off in Souths Cares?

Maybe the Fred Hollows foundation should use donated funds to give Stevie Wonder $90 grand to advertise for more donations!

Now there's a marketing plan

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's not entirely a dumb lesson mate . I've worked for companies big on moral obligations and can tell you first hand I've had to deal with very well known charities who've been " busted" misusing donations .

I'd suggest that people just be cautious when making donations .

I work for a charity and we are very very conscious that people are giving us money they have worked hard for and do our best to make sure donations are used to really make a difference. To suggest you shouldn't donate to any charity is a dmbwit thing to suggest.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do you really think he is the first high profile person to be paid by a charity? More charities do this than not.

Do they? I don't know of one and I work in the charity field. Every ambassador we have does it for free and is very generous with their time and support.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Plus it's morally questionable for a millionaire sportsman to be paid almost 100k by a charity. It's certainly for me more problematic for that to come out of the wallets of tax payers. 90k is a tiny amount of federal expenditure but it's 90k that could go to other places that are more useful than topping up south Sydney contracts.

Eion

First Grade
Do they? I don't know of one and I work in the charity field. Every ambassador we have does it for free and is very generous with their time and support.

These aren't stipends we're talking about. Of course its a fugging stitch up. Charities paying hundreds of thousands to individuals is just a ridiculous notion. This, the fifita example and a bunch of others stink to high heaven. I don't know why or how these are able to be set up with these organisations, but as the great toovs would say 'there needs to be an investigation!'. TPAs are deadset the biggest rort going and the nrl just don't seem to give 2 shits.

Perth Red

Post Whore
1. If the organisation has broken its own rules then it is their fault, not Inglis's fault.
2. He is not pillaging anything. He is taking money offered to him. Charity sponsorship is common. The entire WA cricket team is sponsored by a charity.

No there not, Healthway is a Wa dept of health programme, not a charity.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
These aren't stipends we're talking about. Of course its a fugging stitch up. Charities paying hundreds of thousands to individuals is just a ridiculous notion. This, the fifita example and a bunch of others stink to high heaven. I don't know why or how these are able to be set up with these organisations, but as the great toovs would say 'there needs to be an investigation!'. TPAs are deadset the biggest rort going and the nrl just don't seem to give 2 shits.

I think the nrl should publish the contracts and tpa of individual players in the interests of fairness to fans.

Marketing in charities does not include paying sportsmen a stack of money. Don't you get it yet?

All across the country footballers, cricketers etc and clubs donate their time, their image to charities in order to give back to the community. It us exactly what PR it talking about.

We have hawthorn AfL players and the club in one state for example. Don't get or ask for a cent!

We have state and national cricketers in another. Again not a cent!

We use them in marketing and yes spend money in the development of that material, but it's advertising what wonderful work these players and clubs do, to bring a smile and something special to the people we support. That is what this is about dummy