What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The avatar function for normal off-site links works fine.

Just a few things to remember...

Google image links go through a third party, the same with ninemsn. This forum is unable to link to google search images.

Photobucket works well but is not exclusively required. Its just one of the many image web hosting companies which are available.

Image URLs should start with
(letters are lower case) and there should be no space between the URL path and the codes.

When pasting image URLs into your profile, make sure they end in .jpg or .gif and that they are not too large in [u]kilobytes[/u].

Sometimes the web host who has your image may go offline and this will leave a broken link.

In some cases (rarely), the web host may change your image without your knowledge. We can't control that.

Hope that clears things up a little more.

Ubsy

Juniors
Well explained willow.
What about .swf files developed through photoshop.
My file doesn't animate as it does on a normal web page. Is this a problem with photobucket or the forum?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'd say theres a good chance that .swf isn't recognised. Either that or its just too large in kilobytes. I'd need to see the image file's URL path to give you a better answer.

Of course animated gifs work fine, like the one in your sig file.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There's a full stop at the end of the URL address. Take that away:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/Ubsy/Banner3.swf

Ubsy, that image is way too big to look at and I can't see the dimensions to see its real properties.

Plus its looks like you'll be setting up a link to advertise something, which requires you to ask first by email.

Having said that, I have my doubts if flash swf would work in this environment.
I think you're much better off with an animated gif.
You make an animated gif using a free program like GIF Movie Gear.

Cheers.

TooheysNew

Coach
SWF will not work as it is not a recognized web image format. The image is not way to big, it has just been opened in a browser which stretches to fit the window.

Use an animated gif instead - file size will come way down.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks Dilmah, I can see the properties now. At 33Kbs, its still too big for this forum.

SIGNATURE (SIG) FILES & AVATARS
Each member has the option of placing a text or image signature at the end of each of their posts. BUT the image sig files have to be within acceptable dimensions.

Image Sig file size: maximum 400 (width) x 100 (height) pixels. Maximum 20Kbs.
Members will be limited to 2 images per sig file*.
Text Sig file limits: Size of font: 7 to 12. Maximum 300 characters. Maximum 100 characters without space. Maximum 12 lines.

*There will be exceptions with some image sig files being banners received as prizes in one of the forum competitions.

Avatars size: maximum 150 (width) x 160 (height) pixels. Maximum 15Kb.

I think we're unanimous on using animated gifs instead.

Ubsy

Juniors
Thanks Willow and Dilmah.
I will definately use it in the gif format.
Much appreciated.

PS I think the size font used for the top menu is much better.

Latest posts