What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

Nuke

Staff member
The days of logos on field / coloured in-goals are well gone. While we all know the NRL Grand Final is the pinnacle of the day, the official line is that the NRLW Grand Final is of equal standing and not a curtain-raiser. Look at the Grand Final logo on the field: has both NRL and NRLW badges.

If a year comes along that the same two teams are in both NRL and NRLW GF's, then that'd be the only time we see the club logos on field. Presuming they keep both men's and women's seasons culminating on the same day and not separating them.

Otherwise, I can't see them doing it again, sadly.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The days of logos on field / coloured in-goals are well gone. While we all know the NRL Grand Final is the pinnacle of the day, the official line is that the NRLW Grand Final is of equal standing and not a curtain-raiser. Look at the Grand Final logo on the field: has both NRL and NRLW badges.

If a year comes along that the same two teams are in both NRL and NRLW GF's, then that'd be the only time we see the club logos on field. Presuming they keep both men's and women's seasons culminating on the same day and not separating them.

Otherwise, I can't see them doing it again, sadly.
I don't see any reason why they couldn't either

A) put the NRLW club logos on the field too
or
B) insert them all digitally

Reactions: MRN

NWQRabbit

Juniors
That is the standard price for a kangaroos Jersey now. Any store selling for more then that is selling above RRP.
Yeh, I remember an article at the start of the year saying they were looking at doing a cheaper price for the aussie jerseys, nice that they have followed through with it.

Also glad that kia has taken over the sponsorship, it looks nice and clean now (as good as it can with a sponsor admittedly) and with an almost proper collar I have ordered my first kangaroos jersey in over 10 years.

Reflector

Bench
I fixed your statement for you..!

I remember when I was 15 in 1996, jerseys were $80. Those were the ¾ sleeve thick cotton jerseys.

It would be great to see all jerseys return to prices in that vicinity again. Especially given they're sublimated these days too.
How much would $80 in 1996 be the equivalent of today though...

Matt_CBY

Juniors
New organisation has taken over as the governing body in Tonga after accusations and then proof of fraudulent activity by the previous governing body. Money was funneled into the Tonga 7s program from RL profits.

yakstorm

First Grade
I always thought Tonga had a different logo ? I heard there was some issue with the MMT name, anyone know the details?.
Mate Ma'a Tonga was the name given to the national team by the TNRL and what the team used up until mid-2018.

1000030731.png

After the issues with the TNRL governance, the IRL took over the running of the Tongan national team and they were called Tonga Invitational or Kuo To'a

badge (1).png
A new local governing body, Tonga Rugby League, has now become the official governing body of the code in Tonga and the IRL handed over the running of the team last year. This new body tried using the MAA name and the below logo for last year's England Tour, but there has been IP disputes over the name, as well there was some confusion over whether this was a new body or return of the old, etc.

Tonga.png

As such, the decision was made this year to completely rebrand the TRL with a new logo and use this on the national squads.
badge.png

MugaB

Coach
Mate Ma'a Tonga was the name given to the national team by the TNRL and what the team used up until mid-2018.

View attachment 95584

After the issues with the TNRL governance, the IRL took over the running of the Tongan national team and they were called Tonga Invitational or Kuo To'a

View attachment 95581
A new local governing body, Tonga Rugby League, has now become the official governing body of the code in Tonga and the IRL handed over the running of the team last year. This new body tried using the MAA name and the below logo for last year's England Tour, but there has been IP disputes over the name, as well there was some confusion over whether this was a new body or return of the old, etc.

View attachment 95583

As such, the decision was made this year to completely rebrand the TRL with a new logo and use this on the national squads.
View attachment 95582
New one looks good, but for some reason it looks Russian, like it should be worn on a ushanka, (Russian fur hat)

ash the bash

Juniors

View attachment 95584

View attachment 95581

View attachment 95583

View attachment 95582
Thanks for that explanation. I liked the old logo but this will grow on me, yeah f**k the old board if they were siphoning RL cash off to 7's. Hopefully better governance with new TRL

Latest posts