What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awful refereeing spoils it

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
GB should complain officially about the video ref no try. That decision is absolutely appalling. Add to that the general indifference from Simpkins to all the Kiwi knock ons and ball steals (Like the one on Hock two metres from the line) and it gets very difficult to look at this game objectively. I've turned the thing off, GB wouldn't be allowed to score even if they did manage to put a play on.

The McGuire no-try was an absolutely clear ball steal. In a two man tackle Webb slapped the ball clean out of McGuire's grasp. The decision to give the scrum to New Zealand is incredible, the only decision that could possibly be given is the penalty for the ball steal in a two man tackle. McGuire didn't knock it on at all during the motion, the ball came out via Webb.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Poor didums, you guys are crap. Excuses, excuses, excuses!

I agree that we are crap, but it doesn't help when people who don't understand the rules/are blind are allowed to referee test matches.

I can't wait for the excuse from the officials about the McGuire no try. There isn't any possible explanation for that one.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fairleigh Good! said:
I can't wait for the excuse from the officials about the McGuire no try. There isn't any possible explanation for that one.

That is a 50/50 call mate. I have seen heaps of those disallowed to be honest.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
That is a 50/50 call mate. I have seen heaps of those disallowed to be honest.

Under what ruling? It was as clear as day that Webb deliberately attacks the ball in a two man tackle. That is enough to give the penalty try.

Even Sean McRae on Sky laughed at the decision and questioned what he could possibly have seen to reach that decision.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fairleigh Good! said:
Under what ruling? It was as clear as day that Webb deliberately attacks the ball in a two man tackle. That is enough to give the penalty try.

Wrong, under SL rules yes that is a penalty try. Under NRL rules it is not usually a penalty try. You have to be absolutely CERTAIN he would have scored. Those instances are usually rules "no try" but a penalty to the attacker. The no try part was right. However, it should have been your penalty. I would have said no try.

salivor

First Grade
In the NRL you can't award a penalty try when a defender strips the ball in attempting to stop a try, it would just be awarded a penalty to the attacking team. Not sure what the what the rule is though under international rules.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
salivor said:
In the NRL you can't award a penalty try when a defender strips the ball in attempting to stop a try, it would just be awarded a penalty to the attacking team. Not sure what the what the rule is though under international rules.

Really? McRae didn't know that.

But still, even if its not possible to give the penalty try, it's still a penalty.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fairleigh Good! said:

But still, even if its not possible to give the penalty try, it's still a penalty.

Mcrae did coach Souths! Souths didn't really get into the try/penalty try situation much! I agree, I thought it should have been a penalty though to you guys.

salivor

First Grade
Fairleigh Good! said:

Who knows if that's the interpretation for international footy though, either way I agree that it should've been a penalty and we got quite a few favourable calls going our way.

AuckMel

Bench
GB pretty much stuffed that one up themselves.

How many scoring opportunities did they blow? 12? 14? maybe more.

Count you lucky stars the Kiwis were dropping like flies near the end.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
In Super League they would have given that after one look.

The ruling would be that the ball wall stolen in a 2 on 1 tackle as the ball was being grounded.

Anyone got a link to these international rules?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fairleigh Good! said:
Anyone got a link to these international rules?

No although I am pretty sure it is the NRL interpretation in that instance. I just remember reading it somewhere!

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
join the bandwagon said:
Where's your Balmy Army Now??

In India watching the cricket?

Now I've calmed down I realise fully that we don't really have enough in the bag to win that game, but the decision was still wrong.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fairleigh Good! said:
but the decision was still wrong.

No it wasn't. Under NRL and I am almost certain that this is the way they do it in international rules, it is no-try!

Latest posts