What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axemen vs. Tomahawks

usarlfan69

Juniors
I would love to see the Axemen face off against the Tomahawks. Anyone else think that this would be a good match or would it just be a blowout?

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Even with the team we have I'd say it would be a decent match up, but if we could add Apple, Kenny Britt and Akarika, I'd have to fancy our chances of being competitive, especially Brent Shorten also having been a Tomahawk along with Matt Clark. Current team is certainly our best Axemen squad ever as a team - adding the first three would give us a pretty good squad.
We're game if they are

druzik

Juniors
Why Tomahawks?

If anything its the Knight v Axemen that should be played first.

gyallop

Juniors
If Axeman are game to play Tomahawks why didnt the USARL agree to play a "sugar bowl" this year? That would have a great way to end the year.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
If Axeman are game to play Tomahawks why didnt the USARL agree to play a "sugar bowl" this year? That would have a great way to end the year.

Who told you the USARL didn't agree to that? I would check your source before believing thats what happened.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Why Tomahawks?

If anything its the Knight v Axemen that should be played first.

Question was asked - I answered. NY Knights are very welcome any time in Jacksonville. Some of the best game we have played and would love to have them back in front of our home fans.

amnrlfan

Juniors
Axemen vs Knights should happen and if it happens it should be in Jacksonville that way people actually go to the game and it would be screamed live.

If the Axemen and Tomahawks met the Tomahawks could use Britt Pope and Dawn and it would still be a good match. Those three players saw 1 game this season. Other than Pope I don't see them making much difference in the match if it happened.

And as for why didn't the "AMNRL and "USARL" agree to a match up, I can only image that the AMNRL was against the idea, but I could be wrong :crazy:

Storm vs Tomahawks is off so the "superbowl" match would be something, I can't see the Tomahawks vs Canada having a potential WC squad playing.

joshreading

Staff member
whoa back on the paranoia..That was a question not a statement about what seemed to be a great way to finish the year

Rubbish, your 'question' was clearly rhetorical in nature. It was a statement.

It was also clearly aimed at the USARL - you have previously stated your belief that the USARL did not agree to such a game in a previous thread supposedly suggested by the AMNRL (yet NOTHING in this year has given any suggestion of compromise from the AMNRL side). This is nothing then a statement without support not a genuine question.

joshreading

Staff member
I for one think the Axemen should make a public challenge to the NY Knights. See if they take up the offer

MattyCLark

Juniors
I for one would love to take on the Tomahawks with the Axemen side that we have. It would be a good test to the USA team going into the WC. As for Pope, Britt and Dawn. They would play, if selected for the USA team. They are good friends of mine, I love them to death, and in all honesty would take time to fit into the new team format. But I will bring in Casey Clark, from the Helensburg Tigers. He isn't in the USA player pool and has played for the Axemen so should qualify. But if the Knights want a run I'd be more than happy to have them run at me. So if any of this BS is gonna happen lets sh1t or get off the pot. I have things to do.

Oh and yeah it should be in Jacksonville. Because its the most Pro run setup in the country. And if you think otherwise whatever your smoking is gonna kill ya.

Fatwing15

Juniors
I for one would love to take on the Tomahawks with the Axemen side that we have. It would be a good test to the USA team going into the WC. As for Pope, Britt and Dawn. They would play, if selected for the USA team. They are good friends of mine, I love them to death, and in all honesty would take time to fit into the new team format. But I will bring in Casey Clark, from the Helensburg Tigers. He isn't in the USA player pool and has played for the Axemen so should qualify. But if the Knights want a run I'd be more than happy to have them run at me. So if any of this BS is gonna happen lets sh1t or get off the pot. I have things to do.

Oh and yeah it should be in Jacksonville. Because its the most Pro run setup in the country. And if you think otherwise whatever your smoking is gonna kill ya.

Bingo. Play in Jacksonville, more fans more profit. Jacksonville is the only club that would have a chance to help off set travel costs for the other team, then make back most of that money in ticket and beer sales. Even though travelling that far is tough for any team and its real tough to beat the Axemen in Jacksonville, Jax definitely has the best game day experience, and any player in the country would jump at the chance to play there.

I think that the Knights vs Axemen would be a real nail biter, I would love to see it. The GF was the only game I saw Jax play, but I thought they played really well.
I also think the Axemen would be competitive against the Tomahawks. Jax has 4-6 guys capable of making the Tomahawks, and solid players to fill out their roster, so i don't think it would be a blow out by any means.

Next year perhaps? :roll:

gyallop

Juniors
Josh and Fatwing , given the lack of funds in the USA game that sounds like a great challenge for the Axemen to issue if the game could cover costs.