What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ayshford to Warriors

bluefox1968

Juniors
Can't believe he's 190 cm and 100 kg...

The Warriors coach - "he's been in the NRL for several seasons..." Try 7 seasons...

coolumsharkie

Referee
He did f**k all here, he was out of favour with the Tigers and failed to capitalise with a fresh start at a new club. Memories of that Newcastle game early in his tenure here at Shark Park still haunt me to this day.

Next.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
As bad as he was anyone who defended outside of carney was made to look silly.

Best of luck over there Blake

Southern Shark

Juniors
Killed them in the Nines and made the 2015 Nines Team of the Year.
Just couldn't crack a spot. Will go alright over there outside Johnson.
Wish him well. Still a part of the Sharks finals campaign and he still could fill a spot if injuries occur.

Vin Fizz

Bench
He fought his way back into the side mid year after a stack of time in the reggies. Filled in when we needed him. Who knows, he might go gang busters over the dutch. Never seemed to regain that form he had with the tigpies early in his career. Good on him.

bluefox1968

Juniors
So in other words the coach was correct.

:sarcasm:

Depends on your interpretation.

If I hear "several", I'm thinking 3, maybe 4... Yes, "several" can mean an undefined number, but that would be being 'technical' in my books.

The other way of looking at it is that because of injury/lack of ability he has only played several seasons.

I took it to mean that the coach has signed him as a 'depth player' and doesn't know that much about his history.

But, whatever, i'm glad he's found a new home...

Banana Peel

Juniors
He is capable but apathetic.

A bit like a younger John Sutton or a Tony Williams.

I don't think McFadden is the coach to coax the best out of him.

Special K

Coach
I remember thinking he would be an upgrade on Ben Pomeroy and Carney would be able to make him look good. I was wrong.

Frailty

First Grade
Played well in the 9s tournaments in 2014 and 2015, but that never quite translated into the regular season. I think his best games for us were towards the end of 2014 when he was coming on from the bench as a backrower.

I think this comes down to the space with the ball. Our playing style doesn't really give our centres much room to work with, which I think Ayshford needed. When he was in the backrow, he had a bit more time and space.

Good luck to him, but happy to see him go.

webShark

Mentally weak player. Became hyper aware of the criticisms and they cruelled him. He simply could not rise above them.

Being a mere fan and not a super coach , it amazes me what on earth both the Sharks and Warriors saw in Ayshford. Exactly what we didn't need at the time. If he is better than what the Warriors u20s unearth on an annual basis , I am dumbfounded. They of course gave us Feki (centre for them).

Ayshford is a plodder of the highest order. Everyone goes into raptures about Warriors 20s and they could field Wright and Ayshford. I suppose only Supercoaches could come up with paying big money for a marquee FB and playing him off the bench. Mere mortals could never come up with that.

To me it would be close to a sacking offence to recruit Ayshford and Jono. Coach will get a shock when Luke and Shek attend training.

One of the recruits we got that puzzled me was John Williams. Has an absolute mare against us at Townsville and just about gifted us the game. Could not have played worse, so we recuit him.

The only theory I have , is clubs get these stocking fillers cheap and think they can transform them. Rarely can.

Latest posts