What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ayshford

Borat.

Juniors
http://www.nospam23.com.au/articles/2010/09/13/glandular-fever-shock-for-ayshford/

By Nathan Ryan
13 September 2010

WESTS Tigers centre Blake Ayshford is likely to miss the NRL sudden death final on Friday after revealing to nospam23.com.au he may be suffering from glandular fever.

Ayshford was sent for blood tests on Monday to confirm the diagnosis, and will have an agonising 48 hour wait before finding out whether his worst fears are confirmed.
However, the Tigers' 2009 rookie-of-the-year isn’t optimistic he will play again this year.
“I don’t know whether I can play or not, I think I’ll be out for the rest of the season which is really disappointing because this was my first final series,” said Ayshford.
Glandular fever most commonly affects young adults and leads to fever, a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes, with no treatment other than rest.
A Roosters junior, who grew up playing with Anthony Cherrington and Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Ayshford had suffered from the condition before joining the Tigers.
“I’ve had it when I was younger but I had strep throat really bad the past few days, I can’t eat and my throat is real swollen on the left side,” Ayshford said.
“I had a sore throat before the game and on game day I only had four pieces of toast to eat all day.
“I couldn’t eat, my throat was stuffed."
Despite the obvious ailment, Ayshford was able to score a crucial try for the Tigers in the 48th minute of the epic clash with the Roosters.
“I ran 70 odd metres and scored, I’m not the fastest centre in the game and I can’t believe Carney didn’t catch me," Ayshford said.
"I was exhausted after that and then Robbie kicked a field goal and I thought we had it. I didn’t think we’d get beaten from there."
Contracted until the end of 2012, Ayshford added: “I just feel weak and all you want to do is sleep. I was just lying on the couch all day yesterday but I feel a little better today once I was up moving around.''
The Tigers are expected to have an array of stars return from injury against Canberra, with the damage from Saturday's 100-minute loss not as dire as first expected.
“I think this year it’s been the most depth the club has had for a few years. Whoever we put on the field, we are confident they can do the job,” Ayshford said.
Benji Marshall suffered a bruised medial ligament to his right knee, however said he was hopeful of a return.
It is understood Marshall will undergo intense compression tube therapy in order to play against the Raiders.
Bryce Gibbs is the other player in the most doubt after re-injuring his knee.
The club is keeping its players' injury information close to its chest, however nospam23.com.au understands centre Chris Lawrence had his jaw unwired last week and is expected to make a shock return to the side.
Wade McKinnon is also expected to return from a hamstring strain and will take up his post at fullback having been running freely for the past couple of weeks.
While Geoff Daniela is certain to miss the first qualifying semi-final at Canberra Stadium with a hamstring tear, English import Gareth Ellis is hopeful of playing despite a back injury which had him prematurely exit the Roosters match.

Thanks Borat.

Blake showed courage to even take the field on Saturday night,Lawrence had his jaw unwired last week & suggesting he may be a shock starter Friday,these blokes are all about no guts no glory,amazing.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Even he doesn't know how he outran Carney. Talk about the adrenaline of finals footy causing a guy to run faster than he is physically capable of running.

Latest posts