What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ba-Changes no fuss

hindy111

Post Whore
I just want too say its like a breathe of fresh air seeing a young coach with no first grade experience making some great calls in the way he selects our team.

Dropping MoiMoi would if been a tough call. But it needed to be done and probably has been the right time.

He also showed he made a mistake picking Kelly but was quick too go back to Sandow.A lot of arrogant coaches would of stood by Kelly for atleast another 4-5 rounds and same goes for Toutai.

He has put faith in Mau and Semi & for the first time in a long time it looks like we are actually building a first grade team where each player knows there role.

Im a big believer in having big rampaging second rowers who can bust the line and its something we haven't had in 10yrs?
With Mau and Pauli we finally have that. I don't know exactly how under 20's works but it also seems like the players part of his plans are being moved into NSW cup.
I wont even be surprised if he has moved Matterson up incase of long term injury to our 1 , 6 or 7.

I always thought by about rnd 12 he would have his top side sorted bar injuries and so far it is looking pretty good!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Also, I agree. It looks like Arthur's is sticking to the plan he was involved in implementing back in 2011.

Avenger

Immortal
Your best thread ever Hindy. I also love this coach and have plenty of faith in him.

Very happy with what Arthur has done so far, he gives the young talent a fair shot. Teams attitude has improved.

yy_cheng

Coach
Just wondering if we had JT what would we be like now?

Anyone who can visit parallel universes please give us an update

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I don't think we would be going too differently.

This squad was definitely built over a number of years. Like all squads.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah but would he have had the same harmony in the group? His choice of juniors. His game plans?

I was a JT fan but happy with BA now

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Arthur's was my second choice after Neil Henry, but I doubt Henry or any other coach would have done any better than Brad Arthur has.

hindy111

Post Whore
Its not the team he has inherited its more the way he has gone about his changes. Rewarding players -dropping players and bringing guys he had made the wrong choices back into the team.
And more or less guys knowing there job in the team.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Its not the team he has inherited its more the way he has gone about his changes. Rewarding players -dropping players and bringing guys he had made the wrong choices back into the team.
And more or less guys knowing there job in the team.

So you reckon it is possible to judge a coach in his first year?
Maybe i need to do a rethink. How about, you can judge a coach in his first year, except if he's a shithouse one?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The fact is most coaches have a couple of poor seasons. If those poor seasons are in the first two years at a shitty club they're likely to be the only two years he ever sees.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That doesn't mean they're shit but. It just means the people who won't hire them don't know what we know.

It just means they're not worth the risk. Plus getting sacked damages a coach's reputation, with implications for his authority with the players.

That's why you're usually better off with a rookie than a coach that's been sacked.

Latest posts