What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backline for 2004

Hurriflatch

Referee
As has been shown it could be any number of combinations.

Fullbacks:
Luke Burt, Ashley Graham, Ronald Prince, David Vaealiki, Wade McKinnon, Chris Thorman and Matt Petersen (has played a number of lower grade games at FB)

Wingers
Eric Grothe jnr, Matt Petersen, Wise Katverata, Luke Burt, Ashley Graham, John Williams and Matt Gruska

Centres
Jamie Lyon, David Vaealiki, Luke Burt, Ashley Graham and Chris Thorman

Five-Eighths
Adam Dykes, Chris Thorman and Jamie Lyon

Halfbacks
Michale Witt, Chris Thorman and Adam Dykes

Could be missing a couple of players or some players may ber able to play in positions not listed for.

Avenger

Immortal
1. Prince (Why do you think we opted to keep him)
2. Burt
3. Lyon
4. Graham (Vaealiki hasn't done anything for 2 years give me a break)
5. Grothe Junior (Side show if Grothe is injured, despite some of his brain explosions)
6. Dykes (He is a proven first grader, Thorman is somebody we hope will be good, remember Willie Peters?? He was English Super league player of the year, where is here now?? That league is premier league standard)
7. Witt (He could be anything)

creagles

Juniors
vaeliki ( I dont care wat any of u sed, but he was good enough to play 4 NZ here, think about it)
Peterson
Burt
Lyon
Grothe
Dykes
Witt

Prince, Mckinnon -Give me a break if smitty chooses them there then the retirement village should be booked

Glenn

First Grade
Burt
Petersen
Lyon
Vaealiki
Grothe (Ash when he comes back)
Dykes
Thorman/Witt

Chipmunk

Coach
I have read in another post that we have signed Junior Langi. Not sure where that comes from or if it is accurate, but I would imagine him getting a run at either Fullback or Centre at some stage during the year.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I read that Smith is planning to use Langi more as a centre then fullback.

Just as a side note

When the Eels beat Melbourne 44-12 at Parra Stadium in 2001. JUnior Langi scored Melbournes 1st try.

Histortically players who play well against the Eels get signed.

2001 Round 2 Dykes kicks winning field goal to give Sharks 13-12 win @ Parra, 3-4 months latter Smith signs him.

2000 round 1 Solomona (then Roosters) scores try under the posts to level scores 16 all. He is then signed by Parra a few months later.

Moodie in 99 scores 2 tries v Eels @ Parra Eels win 25-22 but Moodie is then signed by Eels for 2000 season.

Avenger

Immortal
If we read between the lines as far as our backline recruitment is concerned I believe that Smith has seen that we might be alittle light in the centre dept. And the weakness is not Lyon.

Hurriflatch

Referee
or Smith could just be looking for backup.

should Lyon or Vaealiki have gotten injured (before Graham got back) Chad Halliday would have been next in line unless somone like Hopkins plays out of position.

This way should either of the top 2 centres get injured someone like Langi could come in who is a better option.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Believe it or not, Kataverata has played in the centres in firstgrade only last year. Could be an option, however I would prefer Langi.

Latest posts