What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backline for 2004

1. Graham
2. Burt
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Petersen
6. Thorman
7. Witt
Dykes on bench can cover half, 5/8 and lock.
Look for Grothe to bulk up for a spot in the back row on the bench as well.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Keep Burt out of the centers...Plain and Simple he isn't one.

1.Graham(Why replace someone who did a great job?)
2.Burt
3.Lyon
4.Vaikealki
5.Petersen
6.Dykes
7.Witt

And i agree with that Grothe should have to earn his spot at Parramatta.

PB

Bench
Lyon said:
Keep Burt out of the centers...Plain and Simple he isn't one.

1.Graham(Why replace someone who did a great job?)

its not a matter fo replacing him so much as he wont be their for at least the first 8 - 10 weeks of the comp with his rehab from his busted leg i would think....

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'm not sure that there will be a set backline for 2004. Even for the first match, the backline may be chosen partly depending on the opposition. The good thing is that every player in the back 5 is versatile and can play in multiple positions... although Lyon has no need to play in more than one position ;-)

Possible combinations we might see throughout the year:
Burt - Kativerata - Lyon - Vaealiki - Grothe
McKinnon - Prince - Lyon - Burt - Peterson
Graham - Burt - Lyon - Vaealiki - Williams

I think there are only 2 definites to be first grade regulars, (barring injury - touch wood) - Lyon and Burt

Ron Jeremy

Coach
This is how the backline will end up...i will be proved right

1. Luke burt
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Peterson
6. Dykes
7. Thorman

Don't expect Graham to be back well into the year as his injury will require a massive amount of rehabilitation with the nature of the injury....im predicting mid year before he's full strength with all guns blazing

Im predicting Thorman to get the head start over Witt....many might disagree but i feel at present Thorman will compliment the side particulary the backs better as Witt hasn't really shown this yet...and with Thorman in the side we will have a magnificent goal kicker, general kicker, Witt is only young and will improve alot next year but he needs to take control more and from what i've seen of Thorman he likes to take the initiative.

di luvs parra

Juniors
1.Graham
2.Burt
3.Lyon
4.Vaealiki
5.Peterson
6.Dykes
7.Witt

It's hard to say but there are plenty of options so it's all good.

I think Ash may have hurt his neck last night though when he was looking between the 2 big screens at the making of the cheerleaders calendar :eek: :lol:

The Worm

Juniors
Does any one agree with me about Vaealiki? He's had years to prove himself and it just hasn't happened. He was even dropped last year, and we know this was based not just on form, but also attitude. I think the team could grow by using an up and comer. Brian Smith likes him because he can hold the ball well with one hand - sure enough, but I feel with him as centre, our backs will never be top class.

Pazza

First Grade
i admit that Vaealikis form has been poor but who are we going to replace him with?

I think that Burt would be great attacking in centre but i am scared that he wont be able to handle taking down big strong powerful centres such as Hodges and Toopi or hard running back rowers such as Tallis or Kennedy.

PJ Marshal

Coach
1. Burt/Prince/Graham/McKinnon
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Petersen/Kativerata
6. Dykes/Thorman
7. Witt

Still wish Moodie was around i reckon he had another good year or 2 left in him!

wittyz chick

Coach
I think Ash will only be out for 5 weeks because at Ronald McDonald house he only had a support bandage on the ankle...and when he comes back he will surely ease himself in he's damn good...havent you seen some of his kick returns...im not sure what game but he caught the ball from the kick return and ran the length of the feild to score and he has a GREAT one armed fend :D ...YOU CANT LEAVE HIM OUT! sure Burts good but put him with Jamie...now thats dangerous

Jic Jarrett

Juniors
Forget about Prince? What the hell are you smoking..........

Prince
Burt
Vaealiki
Lyon
Peterson
Dykes
Witt

Give Dykes 5 weeks and if he aint working out, bring in Thorman

ParraMatt

Bench
1. Wade Mckinnon

2. Luke Burt

3. Jamie Lyon

4. David Vaealiki

5. Eric Grothe

6. Chris Thorman

7. Michael Witt

Hard choice to make if all players are in good form.
This is yet another battle I'm looking forward to. Just like the forwards there are plenty of possible combinations which should hopefully make them all work their arses off for a 1st grade spot.
Can't wait to see Burty back again, he was in some great form before he was injured.

Latest posts