What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backline for remainder of 2017

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm sure Auva'a would go fine attacking on the wing but defence would surely take some (maybe a lot of) adjustment.

jk13

First Grade
Auva should drop, his defence needs more work, Bev to fb, gutho to centre and tak stays at 5/8

Bazal

Post Whore
If we get moses, I would drop Hoffman and maybe keep him to replace Semi. I am still wondering why we signed the Hoff.

A'uva can play wing

We signed Hoffman because he's a quality first grader who can play 1-5 and do a job at six if we're desperate.

Auva'a is no winger

lingard

Coach
I would hate to dump Taka, tbh - I think his days at centre are numbered, but he's a more than handy edge forward, and a serviceable back-up at 6.

I actually don't think he's either. He'd be the first player dropped if it was up to me. At 6, he offers sporadic contributions. I can't see him as a 14, either.

Gronk

Staff member
I actually prefer Gutho at 1 over French at the moment.

Gutho is a very good link player. He provides the space for Jennings and Semi with early ball.

Bev hasn't got his passing game worked out yet.

I would have Gutho at 1 and Bev at 2 and maybe switch them around during the game to provide a different dynamic. Bev can still roam at 2.

If we get moses, I would drop Hoffman and maybe keep him to replace Semi. I am still wondering why we signed the Hoff.

A'uva can play wing

French you mean the guy who has scored 9 tries in 7 games since he switched to FB ?

Forty20

First Grade
Feldt also kicked 211 conversion from 298 attempts in his Holden Cup career for a conversion rate of 70.8%. Not incredible but something you can build on if your team lacks a kicker.

His NRL goal kicking career to date (according to Rugby League Project) is 4/10.

I still don't mind Feldt but my interest has cooled a bit in recent weeks with the rampant form of Greg Leleisiuao. Both would help the team start sets strongly but in general our war chest would be best utilised making our ruck as impregnable as possible.

Incorrect

Coach
Sounds like Feldt's goal-kicking is no better than Moses or Gutho who are already in the team for 2018/2019.... his apparent goal-kicking ability that had him marked as a good fit would seemingly no longer be the string to his bow people thought...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sounds like Feldt's goal-kicking is no better than Moses or Gutho who are already in the team for 2018/2019.... his apparent goal-kicking ability that had him marked as a good fit would seemingly no longer be the string to his bow people thought...
Sounds like his goal kicking is about as good as his speed, skill and hands.

Kornstar

Coach
Some on here have championed the fact that Kyle Feldt is a goal kicker. He kicks at 16%. Not only does he have shit hands, it turns out he also has shit feet.

I can't quite put my finger on it but something tells me you aren't a Feldt fan and that you would be pretty pissed off if we signed him?