What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backpacker Player-Of-The-Year Points Mid Year Update 2008

LeagueNut

First Grade
Hi all,

There's going to be a slight change to the posting of Backpacker points this year.

• The 3-2-1's will still be awarded in every club match, however they will now be posted in each individual match thread.
  • The "Poster of the Round" will now be published on the Forum Sevens homepage.
  • Running totals and standings will not be kept in the forums - although there may be the odd update here and there.
  • The main point is that the winners will be kept under wraps until the annual Forum Sevens Awards Night later in the year.
Here's a bit more of a background for any rookies out there:
  • After every match the three highest scores are awarded points on a 3,2,1 system, just like the Dally M's.
  • At the end of the regular season the top three forummers receive prizes!
  • Your placing on the points ladder is determined by 1) Number of Backpacker points, 2) Number of games played (fewer is better), 3) Total scores awarded.
  • The Backpacker Points have been named as such in honour of The Backpacker, a foundation Forum Sevens player who passed away during the 2004 season.
Good luck everyone!! \\\\:D/ \\\\:D/

LeagueNut

First Grade
Mid Year Update

Here are all the point scorers from the 2008 Forum Sevens season so far - and there's a few surprises at the top!

1 point

JonB (Warriors), t-ba (Cougars), sportsthought (Warriors), 110kgpantherpower (Cougars), Gunning For Panthers (Cougars)

2 points

Everlovin Antichrist (Bluebags), Swanley (Warriors), Bubbles (Eels), Johnsy (Dragons), edabomb (Ninjas), Titties (Ninjas), Downie (Cougars), Azkatro (Panthers), Goleel (Eels), Dean (Eels), byrne_rovelli_fan82 (Warriors), Bumble (Rabbitohs), lockyno1 (Cougars), Tits&Tans (Titans), paulquinn49 (Ninjas), markinthestands (Eels), madunit (Panthers), Griffo346 (Cougars)

3 points

Cheesie-The-Pirate (Bluebags), Godz Illa (Dragons), Mr Fahrenheit (Cougars), Black Kitty (Bluebags), Misanthrope (Warriors), Willow (Bluebags), bartman (Eels), IanG (Cougars), Lossy (Bluebags), Titanic (Titans), Rayroxon (Warriors)

4 points

Dubopov (Dragons), Big Mick (Panthers), Master Vippo (Rabbitohs), Marshall Magic (Rabbitohs), MKEB (Warriors), Jesbass (Warriors)

5 points

eloquentEEL (Eels), Ribs (Dragons)

6 points

Gorilla (Bluebags), jamesgould (Ninjas), Titan Uranus (Titans)

7 points (and currently third overall)

Glockers (Panthers) :clap:

8 points (and currently second overall)

LeagueNut (Panthers) 8-[

9 points (and our current leader!)

Amadean (Titans) :clap: :clap:

Keep up the great work everyone! :thumn

If you'd like more info on the Backpacker points check out this page for the 2007 results on the Forum Sevens website.

Titanic

First Grade
LN, I've got to say that's an excellent effort and I am touched by the tribute to The Backpacker from the F7's community (I had wondered about the name) ... somethings should never be lost from our society and imho our link to those who went before is one of those things.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
EA and I are sitting back letting everyone have a chance at the glory before ripping up the list and claiming glory....

I hope.

Latest posts