What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Boy Bronxy?

Brawl inquiry at the Raiders

July 21, 2008 CANBERRA Raiders have launched an inquiry into an alleged pub brawl involving winger Bronx Goodwin.
The Daily Telegraph reported Goodwin, the son of former Dragons great Ted Goodwin, was allegedly involved in a fight outside a Canberra bar in the suburb of O'Connor on Saturday night.
About 10 players were at the bar celebrating the side's win over the Roosters that day. Goodwin did not play in that match.
The newspaper reported that an incident took place outside the bar with an unnamed onlooker saying Goodwin was involved in a fight.
Raiders chief executive Don Furner confirmed the club was investigating the incident, with police to provide more information to Raiders officials on Tuesday.
“We'll get the player in for a chat and find out what happened and ask him to give his side of the story,” Furner said.
“I don't want to say too much until we find out all the facts.”
The alleged incident occurred as the Bulldogs launched their own investigations into reports of a brawl at a Cronulla nightclub on Sunday night.
AAP
Foxsports.com.au

Hmm interesting, same time as a bulldogs enquiry too. Ears wide open.

Timbo

Staff member
Dear oh dear.

Been a funny season for Bronx, and he's pretty well lost his spot for the time being.

This would not be a good thing.

Cryptic

Juniors
I'll wait to see what eventually gets said... Way too many people pointing fingers and it's often not backed up the truth... I think Australia is becoming far to much like the US now... Everyone wants their 15 seconds of fan regardless of how they get it :(

donkey|rope

Juniors
he might have unwittingly done us a massive favor if the reports are accurate. if sacked it clears something in the region of 250k a season from our salary cap for the next 3 years.

shear_joy9

Coach
he might have unwittingly done us a massive favor if the reports are accurate. if sacked it clears something in the region of 250k a season from our salary cap for the next 3 years.

I agree.

Rip his contract up and punt him off to Sydney.
If only he did this a few months ago, Canberra could have re-signed Colin Best.

donkey|rope

Juniors
Unfortunately for Bronx,

His ego doesn't match his ability.
i think having a big shiny name like goodwin has something to do with it. but there's nothing wrong with his ability, he has a lot of potential as a no.1, he just doesn't have the ticker.

Whitty

Juniors
Watched him play in Q Cup on the weekend - ordinary does not describe how bad he was. No loss if he goes.

And Carney?

JC i really don't understand how u come barging into raiders forums when u have no idea what is going on. J Carney played U'20s on the weekend down in Canberra. Reports are he had a good game too, hopefully he keeps it up and forces his way back into first grade.

Wow

Didn't even know of Carney's involvement till just now. Devastating news just as everything seemed to be coming together.

And yes, i am a fool. :lol:

F%#$NG hell

Timbo

Staff member
Oh for f**ks sake.

Todd you f**king moron.

If these claims are proven true, will we have any option but to sack him given whats happened in the past?

This is just the icing on the friggen cake. The season was flying along so well.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Club will be happy and will simply use this to their advantage and will sack Goodwin.

Not just because of an ‘incident’ but because they just offered a good contract and he has since fallen out of favour .

Raiders might be an ordinary team – but they will still be close to the cap.

Club will be happy and will simply use this to their advantage and will sack Goodwin.

Not just because of an ‘incident’ but because they just offered a good contract and he has since fallen out of favour .

Not Bronx im worried about though.

Timbo

Staff member

1-We're so ordinary that we've spanked St. George and Easts in consecutive weeks.

2-We're miles from the cap. Nathan Smith backflipping and all the money we were throwing at Barrett (which went to noone) coupled with Weyman, Chalk and Best leaving, we're well under the cap.

shear_joy9

Coach
If the allegations are true, I would hope both Carney and Goodwin are sacked with Carney shafted overseas and Goodwin to anyone stupid enough to have him.