What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad news day sponsored by the Bradford Bulls

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Shontayne Hape's short career looks to be on rocky ground after it was confirmed he was to have scans on a suspected ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. If it's bad news its career threatening to say the least. Hope the lad is okay and is back playing sometime this season.

On the other hand Ryan Hudson the Bulls recent capture from Castleford Tigers was today suspended by Bradford after being informed he was the subject of a 'doping control investigation' from the RFL. This sounds very ominous but could be another cover up like Senior and Bailey who were let off scott free because they play for Leeds. For the sake of the sport I hope Hudson hasn't failed any drugs tests because the sport doesn't need the bad press. The seemingly alarming action taken by the RFL and club could be because of the comments made about the RFL's handling of the Senior/Bailey drug taking situation by Bulls Chairman Chris Caisley.

bartman

Immortal
That's bad luck for Hape. I liked his form late last season, and thought he was on the brink of reaching his potential and maybe cementing a NZ spot this year?

As for the doping investigation, the action taken does seem a bit out of step in relation to the other cases - here's hoping it is nothing but innocent cough mixture?

JasonE

Bench
Hape has developed into a top class centre, hope he is ok but if it's bad news it will be his 2nd knee reconstruction in about 4 years.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
I'd best be careful with what I post on this issue...

Hudson of course left Castleford last season, and is currently in dispute over Castleford over the terms of last seasons contract. He claims he is owed 2 months pay (Funny how even before the last game he had more or less signed for Bradford??).

I hope that Castleford don't get dragged into this. However, I also hope that any punishment is fair. The RFL need to get their act together on this one, in the past they have let Senior and Bailey, Cunningham, and a few others off. However, last year Castleford's Rob Lunt was given a 2 year ban (nice to see the RFL consistent!). That is despite the fact:

a) Lunt was Saints academy player of the season just before he signed for Castleford (now why would Saints let one of their most promising players go?)

b) Rob Lunt actually offered to take the test.

Again, I know I sound bitter, and I don't want to get drawn into this as the cases are possibly different, and few people will know the facts. But I hope the RFL are consistent and make it clear any banned substances=a ban.

8)

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Hightown Tiger said:

Hudson of course left Castleford last season, and is currently in dispute over Castleford over the terms of last seasons contract. He claims he is owed 2 months pay (Funny how even before the last game he had more or less signed for Bradford??).

I hope that Castleford don't get dragged into this. However, I also hope that any punishment is fair. The RFL need to get their act together on this one, in the past they have let Senior and Bailey, Cunningham, and a few others off. However, last year Castleford's Rob Lunt was given a 2 year ban (nice to see the RFL consistent!). That is despite the fact:

a) Lunt was Saints academy player of the season just before he signed for Castleford (now why would Saints let one of their most promising players go?)

Again, I know I sound bitter, and I don't want to get drawn into this as the cases are possibly different, and few people will know the facts. But I hope the RFL are consistent and make it clear any banned substances=a ban.

8)

It smacks of a cover up though eh?

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
Hightown Tiger said:

8)

It smacks of a cover up though eh?

Indeed it does.

Phillips

Referee
bad news about Hape...Bradford dont have that many backs this year...i hope he has a quick recovery

Bullseye

Juniors
With Hudson the ball is now in the court of the RFL. Who knows what they'll decide to do!

Hape's injury is much less severe than what he did a few years back. He's damaged the Anterrior Cruiciate. A few years back he tore both his ACL and Medial and dislocated his knee cap apparently.

Ouch!