What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bag Man

some11

Referee
Folau was signed in the 2008 off-season and announced his AFL deal mid-2010 so you can rule him out.

Bench
Oooh you're getting warm

Like I said in my previous post, the crowd numbers do not stack up to match the player you are referring to, the average home crowd only went up by 143 from 2009 to 2010, that is hardly a great jump.

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Like I said in previous post, the crowd numbers do no stack up to match the player you are referring to, the average home crowd only went up by 143, that is hardly a great jump.

Does any player that's claimed to 'put bums on seats/bring in the crowds' really make much difference to crowd averages?

Headless Chook

Juniors
Well, GI did do a handshake deal in 2010 with the Broncs only to reject it days after agreeing to it. Wonder why?

Bench
Does any player that's claimed to 'put bums on seats/bring in the crowds' really make much difference to crowd averages?

The quote was 10,000 bums on seats, if you look at the clubs average home crowds from 2009 to 2011 the years in question, it hardly changes, goes up 143 in 2010 and actually drops by 200 odd in 2011

thorson1987

Coach
Like I said in my previous post, the crowd numbers do not stack up to match the player you are referring to, the average home crowd only went up by 143 from 2009 to 2010, that is hardly a great jump.

Doesn't the article say the player switched clubs though.

To me that implies a move from NRL club to NRL club.

Bench

That is my take on it to, but there are a few thinking it was a code change, I was just saying that the crowd numbers do not fit the story for the code hopper, and also I think signing in 2010 probably means for the 2011 season.

DiegoNT

First Grade

n 2010 the self-confessed bagman was called upon to pay almost $100,000 in cash to a one-time Queensland State of Origin star to sweeten the deal for the famous player to sign with a new club

Doesn't say he switched clubs, just that it helped get the guy to a new club

DiegoNT

First Grade
That is my take on it to, but there are a few thinking it was a code change, I was just saying that the crowd numbers do not fit the story for the code hopper, and also I think signing in 2010 probably means for the 2011 season.

Well souths crowds dropped by around 3k from 2010 into 2011

DiegoNT

First Grade
Yes you are right souths home crowd dropped by almost 3000, but I never once mentioned anything about souths :?

Well if it ain't the guy I'm thinking of then GI would be the next obvious candidate. No club has jumped 10k averages in one year let alone over the 2009-2011 period

Bench
Well if it ain't the guy I'm thinking of then GI would be the next obvious candidate. No club has jumped 10k averages in one year let alone over the 2009-2011 period

And that is my point, I can't work it out either

DiegoNT

First Grade
[/COLOR]
And that is my point, I can't work it out either

So many players have been claimed as 'putting bums on seat' from G.I to vatuvei to milford evem idris. There's nothing ever to back those claims up

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst probably aome essence of truth in it the story sounds made up, convenient when journalists use "an unnamed source"!

Meapro Ham

Juniors
The article doesn't make sense to me. The main subject is about businessman making under the table payments to players so they can be part of the inner sanctum. But can't they just do that legitatemately via TPAs?

Not that I really understand what TPAs are exactly and what's allowed and what's not, but I don't get why businessman would be doing dodgy under the table stuff with all the risk that involves when there are legitimate ways to get involved.