What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bag Man

Card Shark

Immortal
Can't be bothered reading the previous pages as a bit over it but I've said it before & I'll say it again....If other clubs are (deliberately) breaking the rules (which is likely in varying degrees), the love-tap punishment handed to the Eels will do nothing to stop them.

In fact, it might give them incentive to continue their "operations".

POPEYE

Coach
Can't be bothered reading the previous pages as a bit over it but I've said it before & I'll say it again....If other clubs are (deliberately) breaking the rules (which is likely in varying degrees), the love-tap punishment handed to the Eels will do nothing to stop them.

In fact, it might give them incentive to continue their "operations".

Therein lies the problem, a desultory solution like the salary cap deserves all the abuse it's getting because it prolongs mediocrity in a game that can't afford it. A blueprint needs to be found that deters poaching players from clubs that genuinely care enough to search for talent

Therein lies the problem, a desultory solution like the salary cap deserves all the abuse it's getting because it prolongs mediocrity in a game that can't afford it. A blueprint needs to be found that deters poaching players from clubs that genuinely care enough to search for talent

I remember team lists in 70's era Big League magazine used to have an asterisk next to names of local juniors. You had to field at least 3 or 4 juniors every game. Maybe we can readopt a similar system where x amount of players have to come from a club's development system on any given match day.

The Brain

Juniors
The Thing is a lot of people would know what players are getting as the Managers shop around the players to all the clubs for the same deal.In the end its the Managers ruining the game -they make the demands .

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Not many clubs do and the ones that do are not the ones that most people would associate with doing so. In fact some of the clubs with the biggest nurseries are the worst offenders when it comes to poaching. Particularly clubs in the Western Suburbs of Sydney.

POPEYE

Coach
Not many clubs do and the ones that do are not the ones that most people would associate with doing so. In fact some of the clubs with the biggest nurseries are the worst offenders when it comes to poaching. Particularly clubs in the Western Suburbs of Sydney.

Nurseries matter but they merely give a club with a large one an advantage with distance, what really matters is introducing new talent to top grade NRL. All clubs are required to contribute fostering junior grades, not all are required to introduce that talent.

Doesn't matter a tuppenny where clubs find the talent, until they are rewarded for doing so the bandaid salary cap will always be f**king carcinogenic to RL

Spot On

Coach
The Thing is a lot of people would know what players are getting as the Managers shop around the players to all the clubs for the same deal.In the end its the Managers ruining the game -they make the demands .

Bingo and halfwit players give them too much of their hard earned. Unfortunately the 'to do' list the NRL has in front of them may be too long for the current admin to get moving on this subject and give these blokes a giant swat, taking away from them the power they wield over the game.

alien

Referee
If it was for a QLD team, I can see the company with the stadium cleaning contract would stump up cash to get bums on seats... would work out a lot cheaper than mopping up so much urine from the QLD fans who squat over seats.

:lol:

[youtube]FgKCOAhu6cw[/youtube]

jk13

First Grade
National Rorting League. Should b asterisks against all gf winners till its fixed